New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New freelander owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 04:58 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New freelander owner

Hi

Just joined the forum after buying my first land rover, this being a td4 freelander. Only had it a week and already searching the net for accessories and that. Anyway just wanted to say hi and nice forum.

david

Old 11-08-2009, 01:59 PM
1st Gear

I was registered at your forum. I have printed the test message. Do not delete, please.
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the warm/scary welcome,I'm really looking forward to talk about anything and everything horror related.

Old 11-08-2009, 03:10 PM
5th Gear
Location: Yorkshire U/K oh to hell with it, Beverley,,the place to be

Hi David, welcome to the forum.What's the model you've bought? Into Freelanders my self.

Unfortunately I had a bit of freak 'accident' recently. The cover on the back of my offside headlamp dropped into the engine bay, (can't remember the last time I was in that part of the engine bay). It managed to wedge it'self between engine and chassis, ripped the aux drive belt off, jammed it'self between the crank pully and cam cover, smashing the cam belt cover and then managed to rip the cam belt in two. Just got the head off today (Sun). So far found 2 bent exhaust valves and a cam cover in pieces. Fortunately the engine was only ideling at the time. Caant emagine what damage would have been, had it been revving. Led to believe the top half of the engine at least, would have been shot. No one seems to have heard anything of this nature before.

Love the Freelander though. Have fun and enjoy yours.

Stefan