New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New to Land Rovers and New to the Forum

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2021, 12:09 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New to Land Rovers and New to the Forum

Hello! My name is Beth I live in north Alabama. I got married and bought a Land Rover in the same day! My husband got a 2011 LR-4 HSE for me from Atlanta. I LOVE the thing. Our son loves Pirates of the Carribean and named the new vehicle "The Black Pearl" or "The Pearl". He thought it was fitting as she is a black vehicle and my full first name is Elizabeth. We originally picked up The Pearl for her spacious interior and off-road capabilities for the mountains and icey weather. We need a large interior as we have 2 big dogs we take hiking fairly often. We also hobby breed ball pythons and red tail boa constrictors and will need a good climate controlled transport when we take them to exhibits. This vehicle is perfect! When we actually drove the thing and sat in it the level of comfort was AMAZING. We wondered why we had not done this years ago. A big upgrade from the '06 Honda Civic I had been driving for 5 years.

Looking forward to future conversations and information from this forum!
Thanks for reading.

Old 07-23-2021, 12:44 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 151 Likes on 95 Posts

congrats on both and welcome. Biggest thing on the LR4 is to make sure the two crossover coolant pipes have been replaced with he updated design. If you hear a big clunking when you stop, that's the ball joints in the lower control arms, which it's easier and cheaper to replace the entire control arms.

you'll want to listen for a rattle or clack after 100K miles from the front of the engine, as the chain tensioner like to wear down on the timing chain, causing a loose chain, and it's a 100% need-to-do replacement. price varies but usually around $4-5K/ The best way to avoid this issue is to change the oil EVERY 5k miles on the dot. air suspension/compressor might need replacing after 100K miles. those are the big known issues and what to look out for. they're great cars and will run a long time as long as you keep those items in check.

Welcome and enjoy.

The following users liked this post:
The Deputy (07-23-2021)
Old 07-23-2021, 03:10 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,275 Likes on 896 Posts

Already gaining some great info. Welcome to the forum and the rover world.