New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New member, but not new owner in Austin, TX

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 10:59 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member, but not new owner in Austin, TX

Hey all,

I figured I'd do the requisite introduction. I have been a Land Rover owner off and on for twenty years ( I cant believe I'm old enough to say that...) and we've owned our current Disco II since new in 2002. Its been a great truck, 88,000 miles on it, most of which was traveling all over the southwest with the family on board. The only problems we've ever had with it are a recurring gas cap door issue, and the fuel pump failure at 23,000, followed by another one 200 miles later. The second one was caused by an admitted mistake on the installation by the dealer. They were cool, and overall I try not to be an *** about such things.

Its a 2002 SE in Forest Green with Tan Interior, I converted it to an SE7 after purchase, and she came from the factory with 18 inch wheels. I still have the 18s, but they are a different version changed only for appearance reasons.

No mods to speak of, we've added some comfort items, but its still basically all stock. Ladder, light guards, little things. That speaks volumes about the truck in its stock form because its been crazy places and we've never had to upgrade anything.

I just got back from 14 months in Afghanistan and while I was gone, the wife ran it into the back of a UPS truck, so I figured I'd start driving it and finally get to start changing her up, but no, she wants to keep it. So I'm repairing the few bits of damage done, and now I'm in the market for either a second Disco, (2003 or 2004) or an 80 series Land Cruiser, whichever I find nicest first.

I posted for years over at the Discoweb but that seems to have gone totally dead lately, so looking forward to good times here.

Dave