New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New Member, currently looking to buy my first Rover

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2020, 11:32 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member, currently looking to buy my first Rover

Good Day,

I am new to this forum and decided it would be good to say hello to all you Land Rover enthusiast. I'll attended the Mid-Atlantic Rover Rally held in Pembroke, VA the past (4) years through these events have begun to really get interested in various Land Rover models. Looking in the market to purchase my first one, looking at either an 04 D2 or any year D1. As both seem to be budget friendly and the perfect choice to get started. Looking forward to seeing what i can learn from you experts and possibly even share my own experiences

Thanks,

Old 10-26-2020, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,588 Likes on 1,304 Posts

welcome to the forum MAR is a great event this is the first time I've missed it in quite a few years

Old 11-04-2020, 10:16 AM
Mudding
Received 141 Likes on 65 Posts

Welcome! D1 has tons of support and not difficult to work on. 04 D2 is best D2, but more electronic nannies to deal with. D2 has quite a bit bigger cargo space and is definitely more modern underneath. Common issues on both are all well described and easily fixed. D1s are getting rare and much less power than D2. D1 with a manual would be a great find and will hold its value.

Old 11-09-2020, 07:33 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key needed for 03 discovery along with a serious buyer

I'm a new member, I've been a member for about ten minutes now and i couldn't tell you or myself for that matter a dis 1 from a dis 2 but i recently acquired an 03 land rover discovery , i was given the job of clearing a commercial garage and yard rental by the property owner and the garage was a previous automotive repair bizness and the previous tenant left his mark and then some and one of the items i was asked to remove was a land rover discovery 2003 to be exact , no key, the instrument cluster and plastics encasing steering column along with ignition switch removed safely and properly removed and accounted for and center console beauty cover for gear selecter and 4whl. 2whl. Selecter and let me correct the part at the start of the hit and miss list there was no key but the plastic tab on the gear selecter (auto) broken off by unknown person enabling gear grabbing (gear selection) and so the reason i joined up with this site along with a story i read from a member about hot wiring his 03 discovery by placing a few switches next to a few existing switches for the sunroof to start the vehicle, of course i expect i will have to locate that story to get information of the exact procedure concerning the task at hand, meanwhile any members interested in buying for mentioned vehicle or trading for old ford standard transmission 4x4 running pick up truck preferably pre-1978 or earlier should contact me may also consider sand rail or operational motor home in trade, or toyota 4x4 forerunner or Xtra cab pick up or harley davidson other than a sportster in trade road king or bagger type - style should contact me thank you.