New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New From Boulder, CO

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 12:25 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New From Boulder, CO

Hey guys,

26 year old graduate student at the U of D, graduating this fall. I've been a car enthusiast as long as I can remember. My Dad owned a MK2 GTi growing up then an '04 R32 which got me hooked forever.

I currently have a 2013 Golf R in the stable, which I plan on keeping for a long time as a throwback to my Dad's original blue R32.

I love wrenching on the car myself. Recently just added Porsche 18z Brembo brakes to the R and will be upgrading to Stage II+ once I can afford an upgraded clutch.

by https://www.flickr.com/photos/jackhossross/, on Flickr

Which finally brings me to why I am here: I need a winter rig and something I can 4x4. For my bachelor party, I had 3 friends fly in to Colorado and we borrowed my wife's boss's Defender 90. Got me hooked, and now I want something for myself.

I will buy a 110 (big dreams) and pay to have it modernized. So, my search begins with an LR3. I've done as much research as I can across these forums (and others) and I want to grab an LR3 HSE for the rear diff and enough luxury for it to be a commuter from Boulder to Denver during the winter months.

So that was quite the introduction - but I think its finally time to say I've committed to joining this club after lurking long enough.

Cheers,

JR