New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New seasoned enthusiast

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2021, 08:35 AM
Drifting
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Smile New seasoned enthusiast

Hello all!

I’ve recently purchased the 2022 Land Rover Defender V8 all black dream beast. It’s INSANE. Can’t wait to get it into the woods, but drives like a dream on the reg too and getting used to all the new tech. The utilitarian yet spartan interior is refined and so well designed.

I came from a RRS 2013, which was great too, very peppy (V8 HSE) but once I got stuck and some things started irking me like the old-boy tech and little problems that kept cropping up (the automatic trunk piston would fall out of wack every 6 months or so for instance). My wife drives a LR4 V8 2013 which is the pinnacle of the brand, to me. I leaned more in the LR4 direction with my 2022 Defender V8.

The only complaint so far, and it’s significant, is that I’m getting some rattling noise when I hit bumps, corner, etc coming from the trunk area. I suspect something is loose, maybe around the trunk door. I have a person from the dealership coming out to me Monday to show me the ins and outs of the vehicle, as I only had a few minutes after the test drive to learn the ropes with the SA. That said, I did not notice the rattling sound during the test drive and wasn’t even playing music until the end to test the amazing surround-sound speakers. Any advice on how to handle the situation? I find it unacceptable in such a big purchase.

Don’t get me wrong, the car makes me dream and is the pinnacle of vehicles, IMO.

Last edited by Dndicicco; 10-17-2021 at 08:37 AM.
Old 10-17-2021, 08:37 AM
Drifting
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
The following users liked this post:
Tomlat64 (10-23-2021)