Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Introduction (https://landroverforums.com/forum/new-member-introduction-4/)
-   -   Newbie here from Singapore (https://landroverforums.com/forum/new-member-introduction-4/newbie-here-singapore-56858/)

pompepe 02-18-2013 01:22 AM

Newbie here from Singapore

Hi, hope to get my Discovery 4 by end of Feb and this will be my first SUV. Really looking forward to it since I have always wanted to own one for many years now and to top it all, it has many gadgets i.e. Air suspension, memory seats, Xenon lights etc. :p that all my previous rides don't have.

Savannah Buzz 02-18-2013 05:53 AM

Welcome. The ads for vehicles in your area of the world seem to come with too many zeros in the price. What is the going rate over there in local currancy?

pompepe 02-18-2013 09:19 PM

:D, you are right. It is going for SGD 323k or about US$260k for the HSE model 3.0 TDI model. Actually, I am getting cold feet :( after reading from some forums about the reliability issues and thinking of switching to a Q7 instead (SGD $340k). Any comment about the reliability of D4 since I cannot afford another car in case this car has to spend a lot of time in the workshop?

pompepe 02-19-2013 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by pompepe (Post 379352)
:D, you are right. It is going for SGD 323k or about US$260k for the HSE model 3.0 TDI model. Actually, I am getting cold feet :( after reading from some forums about the reliability issues and thinking of switching to a Q7 instead (SGD $340k). Any comment about the reliability of D4 since I cannot afford another car in case this car has to spend a lot of time in the workshop?

Just decided to stick to D4 since it air suspension as standard and slightly better 3rd legroom space. Was told by the salesman that D4 has better reliability compared to pre-2010. :confused: Anyway, keeping my fingers cross and eagerly waiting to get my first SUV and Land rover.

landrov 02-20-2013 02:50 PM

Welcome!

pompepe 02-20-2013 09:07 PM

Thanks. My ride has landed in Singapore since last week. They are getting it ready for delivery and hopefully, I can take delivery either tomorrow or early next week. Love the gadgets that it is coming with compared with my current Toyota, especially and gear dial.

Scotauto 02-21-2013 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz (Post 379090)
Welcome. The ads for vehicles in your area of the world seem to come with too many zeros in the price. What is the going rate over there in local currancy?

thought I would just add that the new range rover start price is over 2,000,000 Dkr thats almost 390,000 USD !!!!:eek::eek:

Savannah Buzz 02-22-2013 01:33 AM

In the US you can buy quite a few politicians for that, and have enough left over for a Rover. Wonder what the dealer hourly service rate is????