New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

"Special Vehicle" in TN!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 08:26 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Special Vehicle" in TN!

Hey I got a 2002 Discovery II SE and it's one of the "Special Vehicles". I live in Middle TN and just thought I'd introduce myself.

Last edited by Take THAT, Jeep!; 05-24-2011 at 09:38 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:00 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Welcome aboard. I picked up my '01 D2 4 yrs ago now in Nashville.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:57 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like that username. I'm inbetween Knoxville and Chattanooga. Are you involved with TREC?

Old 05-23-2011, 10:11 AM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Take THAT, Jeep!
....and it's one of the "Special Vehicles". I live in middle tn and just thought I'd introduce myself.
Nice! Is it a Kalahari or a TREK?

Welcome! I'm an MTSU Alum.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:04 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by honda50r
I like that username. I'm inbetween Knoxville and Chattanooga. Are you involved with TREC?
No, I'm not....currently anyway. I'm checking the site out now. Are you?

Old 05-24-2011, 07:06 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII
Nice! Is it a Kalahari or a TREK?

Welcome! I'm an MTSU Alum.
I'm guessing it's a Kalahari because it's borrego yellow, and looks like the other kalaharis i found online. It's supposed to have a roof rack, but the previous owner had some kind of accident where it was damaged and they removed it.

Old 05-26-2011, 05:45 PM
TReK

Good deal, nice to have another Kalahari on board. Mine didn't come with the roof rack either, but that's what Craigslist is for!
IMG_4052.jpg?t=1306449707

Old 05-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Three Wheeling

Yeah, I've been looking on craigslist, hopefully I'll find one. My friend recently purchased an FJ Cruiser and thinks that it'll beat my Discovery any day. I told him to bring it on and now we're having a contest at this place called Wooly's Offroad here in TN. I think I'm gonna be pulling him out, but What do you think?

By the way, don't laugh at me for sounding stupid (I'm actually talented at electronic stuff) but how did you get that picture into your reply? I've tried "insert picture" but it asks for a url (?) and I tried copy & paste but it just posts some code.

THX

Last edited by Take THAT, Jeep!; 05-27-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:54 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Take THAT, Jeep!
Yeah, I've been looking on craigslist, hopefully I'll find one. My friend recently purchased an FJ Cruiser and thinks that it'll beat my Discovery any day. I told him to bring it on and now we're having a contest at this place called Wooly's Offroad here in TN. I think I'm gonna be pulling him out, but What do you think?

By the way, don't laugh at me for sounding stupid (I'm actually talented at electronic stuff) but how did you get that picture into your reply? I've tried "insert picture" but it asks for a url (?) and I tried copy & paste but it just posts some code.

THX
Inserting image : You'll need to find an image online, so if you're uploading your own photos, you'll need to have them available online from Photobucket or something similar. First you need to copy the image URL, I think with internet explorer, you have to right click, click "properties", then highlight and "copy" the "URL address." Then open a new post or reply here, click the "insert image" icon (with the mountain) up top and paste the image URL into the address bar. Then it will embed the photo as a direct link. Feel free to practice with a random picture in this thread.

Old 05-27-2011, 01:03 PM
TReK

FJ Cruisers are pretty good off road, but they have independent suspension as compared with our solid axles. In some areas it will be better, in other areas it will be worse.

There's a lot of factors, I'd say it'll be mostly come down to driver skill.

Quick Reply: "Special Vehicle" in TN!