New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Too many Discos

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2022, 06:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Too many Discos

Long Time reader First time subscriber.

So from replacing the Crank shaft and cam shaft position sensor in my Disco 2, to replacing the starter in my Disco 1 this community has been so valuable.I feel guilty for not signing up earlier but better late than never?

I have two Land Rover discoveries, One is a 2000 and the other is a 1997. I love them both, but have decided to sell the disco 2000.

I guess I can tell you a little about me herd.
the Discovery 2 was bought four years ago after a winter in Mexico the head gasket was replace as was the roof liner (in black it looks so nice). we bought all new tires and spent the summer in canada replacing odds and end as they came up, I replaced the stereo and all the speakers so the system though not award winging, sound great., The following winter we drove it south.We camped in the back, took 12 days to slowly meander to Mexico which was so much fun. the winter season in Mexico proved that we brought the right rig. at some point when we got back it decided to not start which is when I replace the CPS my self( thank you thread). and it work great for a long while until recently.. crank no start... so its sitting in the yard right now with a good coat of pollen..I think its a ground issue but I'm just a guy and not a mechanic.

The Disco 1 was given to me as it was running so poorly, turned out to be the fluids were non existent and the starter was going. I got that going, replace the spark plugs and Leeds she is running so well now, and for an award for being well behaved I gave it the new stereo treat meant as well.

I will continue to work on them and promise to support my progress with good photos (something that is lacking in any thread you come across).

Thanks so much for your unknowing support over the years and I'm glad to be here and share what I know from hands on inexperience.

Bry.,

Disco 2 on its way south

Disco One in it favourite pub parking spot.

Disco1 just before plowing through a snow bank

Disco 2 after I got it very stuck in the jungles of Mexico

Disco 2 as a camper.. so comfy

Disco 2 surrounded by what people think they need to travel with..

Old 04-16-2022, 11:41 AM
TReK
Received 556 Likes on 482 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Last year I also felt I needed to go from 3 to 2 LR’s, so sadly my 2A went after 27 years.

Old 04-17-2022, 11:28 AM
Mudding
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Welcome to the forum

Last edited by garry rover; 04-17-2022 at 07:27 PM.