Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Birmabright brotherhood

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 04:47 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

The privacy thing is something I wanted addressed in the list, but my 2 suggestions weren't used.
1. Include (optional) GPS location so it would be really easy to find people. I'm betting most people these days have a GPSR, either dedicated or on their phone. The non-paranoid could use their home location, people more paranoid could choose a location some distance away, 20 miles or whatever distance they were willing to drive to to help.

2. A free form field where someone could add notes/comments, Like "Don't call between 9pm & 7am".
I'd use it to say "email me to contact me."
I don't have my real phone number listed but could have email forwarded to my phone to generate an alert for BB emails.

The original Birmabright Botherhood actually had a "comments" field, I'm not sure why it was dropped.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:35 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jafir
Did you try singing in?

Some guys in defender source said they never received a reply, but they were activated.

You are right i got signed in. Guess I'm now a brother

Would like to see a comments section I would list some resources there.
Land_Lover_ I too have some trust issues. Sometime strangers have tried to help me and it freaked me out a bit. Not used to being around nice folks I guess . being a male helps some (unfortunately not for females as much) but everyone has got to watch out.
We were hiking on the AT, a couple times people gave us a ride. they were very kind . One was a detective from N carolina. But a couple of times we saw some folks we thought were a bit off so we passed but you can never tell.
Anyway if you breakdown in Bowling Green I know a guy.
Stay safe and rover on

Last edited by slabrat; 02-03-2014 at 06:50 AM.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

cool, me, the kids and dogs have been at your doorstep for 3 hours. now let us in. I left the axe on the roof rack and we need to do some diaper changes. I put lr emblems on the twins pull ups so you can help with that too.
oh, and breakfast tacos would be nice.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:37 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by dusty1
cool, me, the kids and dogs have been at your doorstep for 3 hours. now let us in. I left the axe on the roof rack and we need to do some diaper changes. I put lr emblems on the twins pull ups so you can help with that too.

This. lol... Did you watch the kitty bowl yesterday Bubbles?

Oh yeah.. why is it called the brotherhood? Are sisters exempt?!?

Old 02-03-2014, 10:46 AM
Rock Crawling

LOL
I'm not gonna be there that day. When Is it ???
Hummus and Tobuli for breakfast this morning Taco's would be much better.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

my little kitties are doing a reenactment, now.

and maybe it is "brotherhood" to help ease that man pride when we need assistance. I bet we might feel better about asking for directions at the "quick trip navigational brotherhood" as opposed to the gas station, too.
definitely no need for sisterhood. just pull over, pop the hood, and pretend to be confused....every dude with a pulse will pull over to help.
i have a blonde wig and stockings in my tool box, for just that reason

Old 02-03-2014, 11:11 AM
Recovery Vehicle

definitely no need for sisterhood. just pull over, pop the hood, and pretend to be confused....every dude with a pulse will pull over to help.
i have a blonde wig and stockings in my tool box, for just that reason

Oh if I could only be a bug on the windscreen... Are they black fishnet and do you have the heels?

Old 02-03-2014, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

yep, fishnet with those little strap suspender tops. no heel, I go barefoot and keep the pedis and nail paint up to date. I am running a red shade this week, "damsel in distress shimmer" if i recall.

Old 02-03-2014, 11:39 AM
Rock Crawling

yep, fishnet with those little strap suspender tops. no heel, I go barefoot and keep the pedis and nail paint up to date. I am running a red shade this week, "damsel in distress shimmer" if i recall.
I probably won't sleep tonight thinking about it .

Old 02-03-2014, 11:53 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Garters! Even better!! and Oo la la on the toes..

Just saw your post Slabrat - thanks for the heads up yeah, it's sad that we have to think that way in today's society but one can never be cautious enough.

Quick Reply: Birmabright brotherhood