Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://landroverforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   body man warning for south jersey (https://landroverforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/body-man-warning-south-jersey-84094/)

TOM R 05-03-2017 07:47 AM

body man warning for south jersey

As some of you have seen in the build area I am having my 1967 fire bird body redone, well the guy doing it agreed to a flat price body and paint , has been paid and refuses to finish the car without more money, while keeping the car is a state where it strustualy can't be moved without damage

I consulted with an attorney and I have filed an official complaint with the Gloucester county consumer fraud division

In my opinion everyone should steer clear of bill McGee in mantua n.j.

I spoke to the guy who's car he did before mine, budget agreed was 20k, in the end the man payed 32k cash money so there is a pattern that I can prove if I find more customers

TOM R 05-03-2017 07:55 AM

I cross posted this on firebird nation suggest others do same since he works word of mouth, I don't want to see others get screwed

OffroadFrance 05-20-2017 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by TOM R (Post 604958)
I cross posted this on firebird nation suggest others do same since he works word of mouth, I don't want to see others get screwed

This guy sounds like a con artist Tom, big wonga up front then demands more wonga to finish and way above the original quoted price.

I hope your legal case is successful.

TOM R 05-20-2017 02:01 PM

So the county spoke with him and he refuses mediation, cause they wanted him to refund half my money, he is unlicensed so they claim to have no ability to take action against him, they have issued me a letter recommending I take legal action against him with paperwork on what to do

So now I will be trying to retrive my car so I can get estimates, if damaged from being moved guess it will get added to the law suit amount along with fees for towing since I drove it into his shop and now it can't be driven

Once I have the car I will be filing with state, IRS , town code enforcement etc.

ArmyRover 05-20-2017 08:55 PM

Best of luck in getting this all sorted out Tom

Mohini Patil 03-12-2019 02:57 AM

thanx for sharing....

lightning 07-01-2023 12:23 PM

l just came across this. Did it ever get sorted and did your vehicle get restored?

TOM R 07-01-2023 07:41 PM

went to court with a consumer fraud attorney , i won 25k lawyer tried to cut a deal with him for less for a lump payment to be done with it he said no, we put a lean on his house and hes paid like $500 and this was only with hiring a collections agent, car is still cut apart and sitting on top of a storage lift in my garage where i get to see it every day to remind me how i got screwed because i cannot afford to pay to have the car welded back together and undo what he did plus have anything he did do checked to make sure its safe

lightning 07-02-2023 04:52 AM

So sorry to hear that. Amazing how these people get away with it and nothing gets done.

ln the U.K. there's a company doing similar, advertised engine recons, collect the vehicle and then double the quote.
Once the owner pays they either never get their vehicle back or get it back no better than when it went in.

There's been numerous law suits, court cases, Trading Standards visits etc

Now, over a DECADE later they are still at it. They seem unstoppable. They just change the company name and carry on.