Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://landroverforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Lucky8 needs some help (https://landroverforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/lucky8-needs-some-help-27298/)

Fivespddisco 12-02-2009 09:35 PM

Lucky8 needs some help

I have been getting a few phone calls lately asking “What the F**k is going on?” So, I thought I would take some time to talk about the new direction of L8.
The short version is we want L8 to be your one stop shopping source for all of your Land Rover off road gear. Over the last few months, we have been getting deals with some of the best names in the industry like KAM, Mantec and RoverTym but we are still far from our goal and we need your help.

First off, I know the website needs an update. The goal is for it to work like this: Lets say you want a set of cones. When you search for cones, it will not just show you the Lucky8 cones, it will list all of them. So you will be able to see cones from all of the manufacturers like:
Equipe
Qt
RTE
TerrafirMa
Etc
Etc
With this in mind, what are your likes and dislikes about our website? What do we need to change?

Secondly, I don’t know every product out there, and I don’t know all the manufacturers. The question I have for you is what are we missing?

One last note…

Chris Ray or (Mud Ruts from internet fame) has joined the L8 family and will be in charge of Sale Specials, Club and Group buys, Surfing the web, and most of all, filling Rover Dogs water bowl.
I look forward to your posts or you can email me directly at Justin@Lucky8LLC.com

hilltoppersx 12-03-2009 09:31 AM

i would like to see a column that shows what vehicle that part will fit rather than reading it in the part name when searching products by type or products my manurfacturer. and also be able to organize the results by price or alpha order. and possibly a larger bumper selection.

JoMar 12-03-2009 01:32 PM

Website

I dont know which software you currently are using but I have set up 2 volusion stores for clients and they are really easy to do and powerful on the backend with sales reports and shipping all set up. Might be worth a look if you are going to redo the whole store anyway.

www.volusion.com

Fivespddisco 12-05-2009 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx (Post 151733)
i would like to see a column that shows what vehicle that part will fit rather than reading it in the part name when searching products by type or products my manurfacturer. and also be able to organize the results by price or alpha order. and possibly a larger bumper selection.

Thank you for the comments, you can search by vehicle but we will make this much easier to use. I will try to have the results listed by price.

As far as bumpers what kind did you want to see. we have most of them listed.

Fivespddisco 12-05-2009 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by JoMar (Post 151782)
I dont know which software you currently are using but I have set up 2 volusion stores for clients and they are really easy to do and powerful on the backend with sales reports and shipping all set up. Might be worth a look if you are going to redo the whole store anyway.

www.volusion.com

Thank you I will pass this on to my web guy

hilltoppersx 12-05-2009 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Fivespddisco (Post 152050)
Thank you for the comments, you can search by vehicle but we will make this much easier to use. I will try to have the results listed by price.

As far as bumpers what kind did you want to see. we have most of them listed.

the only bumpers i see listed for my D2 are the Equipe and ARB... am i missing something?

Fivespddisco 12-05-2009 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx (Post 152112)
the only bumpers i see listed for my D2 are the Equipe and ARB... am i missing something?

yes. I will fix it try in 5min