Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

This one is for you Army Rover

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 11:30 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts
Default This one is for you Army Rover

The 2019 MG Show at the Village at Grand Traverse Commons. Tragic City, Michigan.

It's a beautiful day - over 250 MGs invaded Traverse City Sunday. Base camp is Great Wolf Lodge and today is the car show from 9 til 2. My hubby and I had to go down to Grand Rapids over the weekend for an early appointment with USCIS Monday morning. We contemplated taking the expressway but seeing as it was the end of a summer weekend here and everyone would be heading back home, I said 'hey, let's take M-37 down and enjoy the scenery'. We were so glad we did as there was little to no traffic other than tons of MGs heading in the opposite direction, making their way up north for the show. Such a beautiful drive!! Anyhoo, thought you'd like some MG candy - looks like there were visitors from all over the US

The following users liked this post:
SuzSS (08-13-2019)
Old 06-26-2019, 11:40 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 390 Likes on 317 Posts

Wish we could have a Rover event like that where they are all shiny and minty

Old 06-26-2019, 12:14 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by stillruns
Wish we could have a Rover event like that where they are all shiny and minty
haha...Sunday when we were passing all of those cute little MGs, I was thinking 'gosh, even if I didn't have a suspension/frame issue on the Rover right now, I don't know if it could trek across the States to make it to an event' - forget about shiny and minty! We should just plan something one of these days and get as many people together as possible. That would be fun.

Last night we watched 'World's Most Dangerous Roads' on Netflix. The episode took place in Siberia where Ed Byrne and Andy Parsons embarked on an adventurous drive over the Kolyma tract, the world's coldest land road, in a Nissan Safari (which looks a lot like a Discovery if you ask me). Since it was so cold, Ed and Andy couldn't turn off their vehicle or the fuel would freeze, so they left their Safari running for FOUR days until they could find a covered, heated shelter to turn it off. I kept saying 'I want to know what kind of vehicle that is...' as they traveled through the most rugged terrain, got stuck in snow and kept chugging along. It wasn't until the end of the show when they got stuck and had to put a rock under the back end that the camera zoomed in on the 'Safari' and I saw 'Nissan' on the mud flaps....

....as much as I love my Discovery, I can't even imagine her doing that. The throttle body heater plate would probably shrivel up and die at the slightest hint of being that cold

Old 06-26-2019, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,588 Likes on 1,304 Posts

My Brits alway get me where I want to go. Just check the Red Clay Rally thread. 600 miles for the event and 900 for getting there and back.

Need to get the 110 fixed up so I can get to work on the MGB

Last edited by ArmyRover; 06-26-2019 at 07:10 PM.