Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://landroverforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Review of Atturo Trail Blade MT's 255/55R19 (https://landroverforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/review-atturo-trail-blade-mts-255-55r19-76507/)

ArmyRover 11-15-2015 11:20 PM

Review of Atturo Trail Blade MT's 255/55R19

10 Attachment(s)
I was asked for a review by quite a few people so here we go.
was tired of the standard 18" rims and the Bridgestone's were worn out. So I started cruising Craigslist. Well I came across a set of RRS 19" rims for cheap that I really liked the style of.

Attachment 34678

So of course I bought them. Then I started looking into tires, street tires gave hundreds of options. Anything more aggressive was few and far between. Goodyear had a kevlar AT and the Duratrac which were pretty decent looking. I had come across a MT though from a small newer company named Atturo. They had the Trail Blade MT in a good size 19" (255/55R19) So I got a set ordered from them directly as they are a Illinois based company I had them the next day.

Attachment 34679

I also got the hub centric rings I would need on the way from the guys at Lucky8. Only place I have found that offered a nice aluminium part instead of plastic. Great price on those as well.

So everything arrived and I got the tires down to Pep Boys in Crystal Lake for mounting and balancing.

Attachment 34680

Attachment 34681

Then I finally got them mounted on the Discovery. I couldn't be happier with the look and ride. They definitely sound like Mud tires, not the worst howl I've heard but you know they are there. So far I've done about 75 miles of combined driving on them and I'm very happy.

Attachment 34682

Attachment 34683

Attachment 34684

Attachment 34685

Attachment 34686

Attachment 34687

This weekend I'm driving 1400 miles round trip to Rovers on the Rocks. I hope to give them one serious workout :D

ArmyRover 11-15-2015 11:21 PM

So now that the tires have nearly 2000 miles on them. I drive a lot apparently.

I went to Lucky8's event called Rovers on the Rocks held at Rausch Creek Off Road Park in Tremont PA. About 750 miles one way. Took off from my place in stop and go traffic to the office to close the loop on a couple of small items before I head out. In stop and go they were fine good traction and road manners and didn't protest a couple of hard panic stops either. I get on the highway and was running 75 mph with them comfortably. The on highway manners were quite good.

Fast forward 500 miles and the Disco and I find ourselves in a decent snow flurry on the mountain pass section of 80. With a light dusting on the road the Trail Blades did not disappoint. The Discovery felt stable and well planted at highway speeds.

On to the good part how are they off road?

In one word excellent. The traction off pavement is very good. They definitely provided better grip than my Guard Dogs (Goodyear MTR knock offs) and better than previous AT's I have ran (pirelli, Bridgestone BFG and Goodyear). The tires performed well in the mud loose dirt and rocks. I noticed the traction control light coming on but less than with the Bridgestones. They are not Nitto TerraGrapplers but they are a great choice for the more budget constrained such as myself.

I'm actually looking forward to the snow now. I am curious to see how they handle it.

I will also note on the road back I noticed that the tires had quited a fair amount. They are no where near as loud as the guard dogs.

Pros:

Price point is extremely competitive with other off road tread patterns from Goodyear
19" Mud Terrian Tire only brand that makes them that I could find.
Excellent traction off road
Good road manners
Acceptable road noise.

Cons:

Availability I could only find them online to order. If you need a spare you won't be stopping at the local tire shop.
Warranty could be a issue, I didn't think to ask.
Lack of Sipping on the tire may be a issue this winter edit: (I was wrong on this one they are great in the snow)
Finding a shop to mount tires you didn't buy there can be a issue.
Only size available is 255/55R19 it would be nice if they offered a 60 or 65 series as well for those looking for more sidewall.

Unknown:

Longevity is still a question mark. I don't know how well they will wear over time.

drowssap 11-16-2015 06:42 AM

noise?

ArmyRover 11-16-2015 07:52 AM

Drow they are a lot quieter than my guard dogs or the Nitto terra grappler MTs. In the D2 I think the noise levels are quite acceptable.

rossagge 11-16-2015 08:49 AM

Thanks for the write-up. Still searching for some Nitto Terra Grappler G2s. Can't find in a 19". Not even sure if they make a 19". If not, I'll be grabbing a set of these. Wasn't really looking for a M/T tire, but they look aggressive enough and as long as the road noise isn't overbearing, they'll work for me.

ArmyRover 11-16-2015 12:50 PM

I'll upload a video a little later today

Racer X 11-16-2015 03:36 PM

If they aren't siped, you might be OK in dry snow, but if you get a heavy wet snow, you're gonna have a bad time.

Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt and hat.

ArmyRover 11-16-2015 04:20 PM

Racer kinda what I'm thinking but I have been surprised in the past.

Now to get that video uploaded...

Edit: Not great but here it is.

http://s149.photobucket.com/user/ssg...avs0l.mp4.html

Detoured Discovey 11-16-2015 05:23 PM

I hear them.......not too shabby.

ArmyRover 11-16-2015 05:36 PM

You are aware that your running MT's but they are not horribly loud.

atturotires 11-20-2015 12:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you for the overall favorable review. I've been running this tire on my own LR4 since the summer. I went from the OE Conti, to our AZ850 performance tire, then the Trail Blade XT and now the MT. The noise is greater than the prior tires I've used, but not irritating to me. The wind noise from the roof rack is worse!

Granted, I'm biased, but they are a reasonable choice for daily use. In addition to the improved traction in non-pavement applications, they truly help to change the appearance of the truck to something more along what the Land Rover brand represents (at least in the rest of the world).

We are considering doing a group buy for the forum members if there is interest...

rossagge 11-20-2015 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by atturotires (Post 543807)
Thank you for the overall favorable review. I've been running this tire on my own LR4 since the summer. I went from the OE Conti, to our AZ850 performance tire, then the Trail Blade XT and now the MT. The noise is greater than the prior tires I've used, but not irritating to me. The wind noise from the roof rack is worse!

Granted, I'm biased, but they are a reasonable choice for daily use. In addition to the improved traction in non-pavement applications, they truly help to change the appearance of the truck to something more along what the Land Rover brand represents (at least in the rest of the world).

We are considering doing a group buy for the forum members if there is interest...

I'm interested!

Thanks!

ArmyRover 11-20-2015 03:01 PM

4 Attachment(s)
A few cooler pics from Rovers on the Rocks

Attachment 34659

Attachment 34660

Attachment 34661
Attachment 34662

ArmyRover 11-20-2015 03:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 34658

Racer X 11-20-2015 05:21 PM

Interesting.

One of my biggest concerns with Rovers on the Rocks was if my stock bumpered, stock height D2 would survive.

That question is now answered, thanks ArmyRover.

ArmyRover 11-20-2015 06:13 PM

I picked up some new pin striping but nothing major. I took more damage at the airport parking lot this week than I did at ROTR

ArmyRover 11-21-2015 08:16 AM

Ok so a update on the snow traction question. We got a ton of snow last night to this morning and I just spent a hour out playing in it. So many un-plowed roads to enjoy lol. So far so good. The tires have been working great in the snow and when I get a little to excited with the gas pedal the traction control reigns me in. I had no problems getting where I was heading and passed quite a few lesser 4x4's.

petminded 11-23-2015 11:10 PM

How was the breaking in the snow? Ok, good, great, excellent?

Here in Southern California we don't get much snow but I like to head up north and find it when I can :-)

ArmyRover 11-23-2015 11:16 PM

Surprisingly good never had a oh s$&t moment

jafir 11-24-2015 12:19 PM

I got to spend 36 hours at O'Hare because of that snow storm.

ArmyRover 11-24-2015 12:53 PM

I went out driving around in it for no good reason, I had a ton of fun :D

Should have got in touch we could have had a beer or 5

atturotires 12-04-2015 03:21 PM

We just posted a special buy on these tires, only for LRF members! Check it out here:
https://landroverforums.com/forum/me...66/#post545447

ArmyRover 01-05-2016 11:11 AM

Just a little update so far through the Chicago weather they have performed flawlessly. I have a little over 5,000 miles on them now.

rfeichas 07-30-2017 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by ArmyRover (Post 549041)
Just a little update so far through the Chicago weather they have performed flawlessly. I have a little over 5,000 miles on them now.

Hi ArmyRover!
What are your impressions of the Atturo Trail Blade MT 255 / 55R19? How many miles has it been?
Thanks

ArmyRover 07-30-2017 11:02 PM

I ran them for about 20k they were fantastic. The disco and I parted ways but my friend that has it loves the tires. He bought a set for his LR4 and I might be looking for a set for my LR3 when it needs tires

They are fantastic tires, I would recommend them and buy them again myself.

Davis31052 08-16-2017 01:57 PM

Damn!! That's a good looking truck!!

njrover 09-04-2017 04:39 PM

The Atturo now..

Bill,
could you please provide some updated info on the Atturo,
going to get mine on 19" LR4 2016.
want to make sure I'm doing the right thing, we off road every once in a while, but will have my original 20 on hand.

thank you.

ArmyRover 09-04-2017 05:47 PM

The Disco and I parted ways last fall, unfortunately. Fortunately it went to a good friend and I know he is super happy with the tires. They are still going strong with quite a few miles under their belt.

I know the guys at Lucky8 have been running them on a L322, LR3 and a RRS as well. They seem really happy with the bang for the buck these tires offer as well.

When the LR3 needs a new set of tires a set of 32" trailblade MT's will be a top choice for me. I have 18" rims on my LR3 so I have a few more size choices.

OffroadFrance 09-06-2017 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by ArmyRover (Post 618454)
The Disco and I parted ways last fall, unfortunately. Fortunately it went to a good friend and I know he is super happy with the tires. They are still going strong with quite a few miles under their belt.

I know the guys at Lucky8 have been running them on a L322, LR3 and a RRS as well. They seem really happy with the bang for the buck these tires offer as well.

When the LR3 needs a new set of tires a set of 32" trailblade MT's will be a top choice for me. I have 18" rims on my LR3 so I have a few more size choices.

With ref to Atturo tires, I am considering replacing mine soon with the Atturo AZ800 or AZ850 which are supposed to be very good albeit these are highway tires where I do the vast majority of miles.

ArmyRover 09-06-2017 04:27 PM

From my experience that is a good call for some road tires.

OffroadFrance 09-12-2017 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by ArmyRover (Post 543110)
I was asked for a review by quite a few people so here we go.
was tired of the standard 18" rims and the Bridgestone's were worn out. So I started cruising Craigslist. Well I came across a set of RRS 19" rims for cheap that I really liked the style of.

Attachment 34678

So of course I bought them. Then I started looking into tires, street tires gave hundreds of options. Anything more aggressive was few and far between. Goodyear had a kevlar AT and the Duratrac which were pretty decent looking. I had come across a MT though from a small newer company named Atturo. They had the Trail Blade MT in a good size 19" (255/55R19) So I got a set ordered from them directly as they are a Illinois based company I had them the next day.

Attachment 34679

I also got the hub centric rings I would need on the way from the guys at Lucky8. Only place I have found that offered a nice aluminium part instead of plastic. Great price on those as well.

So everything arrived and I got the tires down to Pep Boys in Crystal Lake for mounting and balancing.

Attachment 34680

Attachment 34681

Then I finally got them mounted on the Discovery. I couldn't be happier with the look and ride. They definitely sound like Mud tires, not the worst howl I've heard but you know they are there. So far I've done about 75 miles of combined driving on them and I'm very happy.

Attachment 34682

Attachment 34683

Attachment 34684

Attachment 34685

Attachment 34686

Attachment 34687

This weekend I'm driving 1400 miles round trip to Rovers on the Rocks. I hope to give them one serious workout :D

They are the exact rims on my D2 now, bought them new cheap on Ebay with Goodyear F1 tires fitted, they now have Continental UHP tires but they are nearly toast so now I'm looking at Atturo AZ800 or AZ850 as highway replacements.

ArmyRover 09-12-2017 04:22 PM

Look fantastic on the D2 don't they

shedlock2000 10-06-2017 12:34 AM

I am thinking of putting something like this on my D3 in a 20". How did they cope with the ice? Up here in the barren North we get snow and ice for about 6 months of the year. I don't suppose, by any chance, they are a snowflake tyre? I am assuming not if they're not siped....

ArmyRover 10-06-2017 09:40 AM

I drove them through a Chicago winter with no issues. They are not snowflake rated to the best if my knowledge.

Best4x4 10-16-2017 09:47 PM

They are not snowflake rated to the best if my knowledge.
That sounds like the perfect tire for me! I have enough issues with snowflakes as it is......

ArmyRover 10-16-2017 09:51 PM

I hear you on that one