Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

RoversNorth should buy DAP Enterprise and expand the business!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 11:01 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts
Default RoversNorth should buy DAP Enterprise and expand the business!

Ive heard alot of talk about DAP Enterprise going up for sale and all and RoversNorth is not to far away (Both businesses are in VT) so I think it would be cool if RoversNorth and DAP made up an agreement of the sort. Give RN full ownership and in exchange new employees, new parts inventory and more experience to be shared at the DAP facility. This would expand RN in terms of service profits. And Id be their number 1 customer! hehehehe What do you say about that ZG? Who knows maybe I could get a job there and ditch Jiffylube!

So who wants to get on the bandwagon here? Lets make a petition for RN and DAP to merge!

Old 02-18-2013, 12:24 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,588 Likes on 1,304 Posts

I don't think there would be any benefit to Roversnorth picking up dap. There is nothing for them to gain considering DAP doesn't offer anything that RoversNorth doesn't already have. Other than a pile of debt I'm sure.

Besides, I don't see a benefit to a merger like that for the consumers, Rovers North doesn't need another outlet for high prices. Let's be honest the only reason most of us go to RN is we are desperate for the part. Last time I broke down and ordered from them the cheapest shipping was 3.5 times the cost of the part(part was 3 bucks). Worst part was the O-ring was damaged when it showed up. You would think for the cost of shipping they could have done better than a mailer envelope. Went to Napa and matched it up for .73 cents.

Rovers North is my absolute last resort. I'll wait a few extra days and get the part from PT Schram or Lucky 8. Just like with my clutch master cylinder, almost $100 cheaper from PT then Rovers North. He had it on the shelf and in my hands in the blink of an eye.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:17 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

im with Bill. I don't think it would benefit Rovers North at all. For really high priced parts or trim i go to our parts guys like Paul Grant or Randy Williams or Marty Powell.. if I need new parts I go to Lucky 8 or Atlantic British. I just bought an exhaust system, rear brakes and brake lines for my range rover from Atlantic British they had free shipping for president day. Inquired about the parts on Facebook, Eric emailed me an invoice, I called Friday morning will be here Monday. Now that is service.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:42 AM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

Think of it this way, how many Rovers come into Iffy Lube each week? Compared to the other vehicles. Really narrow market to have a Rover only repair shop.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:04 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Interesting thought, but as I mentioned in another thread, the value of DAP is just not there for RN. If it were a West Coast location, that would be another story.

Army, I'm sorry you have had those experiences. As you can probably understand we can't always beat everyone's prices, as most places don't have the staff that we do to support customers. I have been trying my best lately to match prices as well as I can from my position, while still delivering the best service we can. Please message me if you have any issues.

Last edited by ZGPhoto; 02-18-2013 at 11:17 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:34 PM
Super Moderator

The price of the o-ring wasn't the issue, the fact that the shipping was extremely high and then it was just in a mailer envelope. It had been crushed and torn in shipping, if it had been in a flat rate box it would have made it just fine. For the price charged for shipping you would think it could be packaged well enough to protect it for the ride.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:38 PM
Camel Trophy

I apologize for that, hopefully we refunded you for the mistake? Generally the shipping guys use too much material, that is unacceptable, there's been a recent change in the shipping department and I think everyone will be quite pleased with the results to follow.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:00 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Rovers North is too far away and Dap is just a garage with a small warehouse.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
I apologize for that, hopefully we refunded you for the mistake? Generally the shipping guys use too much material, that is unacceptable, there's been a recent change in the shipping department and I think everyone will be quite pleased with the results to follow.

No I didn't bother with it just used the damaged one to find the a match at napa and went on with life. In the future though I will just pull the old one and try matching it first though.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:00 PM
Camel Trophy

I'm sorry you had that experience Bill and it's definitely our fault, I know it's probably too little too late, but you have a refund coming to you.

Quick Reply: RoversNorth should buy DAP Enterprise and expand the business!