Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

RRC LWB VS. P38, I can't decide which one to buy.

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 04:21 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RRC LWB VS. P38, I can't decide which one to buy.

Hey guys,

I'm having a hard time trying to decide which vehicle is better, a '90's (preferably 1995) RRC LWB, or a early 2000's P38. I would be using one of the vehicles in question mostly as a commuter to work and back which is around 46 miles combined with most of the driving being on highways and interstates at speeds arounds 45-70 MPH. Now I know that the P38 would be the superior vehicle in this mode, but the drawback is that I participate in local BSA camp outs where cargo space matters and from what I've read, the P38 has five less cubic feet of cargo space compared to the RRC, and the RRC's cargo area is already a little small. But as I just said, the P38 is probably better built, it's probably better to drive as a commuter, and when properly maintained, will probably be more reliable, but I still think the RRC looks better than the P38, and it might be more rugged for both nature and people.

So as you can see, I'm in a tough spot trying to make a hard decision. I will be posting this across different groups as well as forums so that this post will get more publicity as well as different opinions.

Thanks!

Old 09-25-2012, 06:29 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1 vote for a Disco instead, great to drive, plently of cargo space, and reliable.

however I currently drive a P38 and as a commuter vehicle its great for driving back and forth the ride is awesome, and theres maybe enough space for 3-4 people and enough space for a weekend campout, make it a week and it would drop to 3 to utilize more of the backseat,

if you plan on going through rough terrain to get to the campsite the RRC would be the more reliable, the P38 electronics can get screwy (already am dealing with those issues,

but If i had to pick between range rovers I would choose the P38