Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Sponsoring TRIARRII

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 05:45 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

If anybody is interested in helping me out but does not feel comfortable with cash then here is the list of parts Im saving up for. Lots of small stuff but it adds up quick and I will need most all of it the complete my truck for the trek:

Name:  Cart1_zpsa8d1a5e1.png
Views: 19
Size:  230.9 KB

Name:  Cart2_zpsb2099e9c.png
Views: 33
Size:  222.2 KB

Old 11-10-2014, 07:51 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

Down Range Decals did our club decals. Great guy to deal with and the transfer decals were the best I've ever applied.

Old 11-10-2014, 08:37 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by fishEH
Down Range Decals did our club decals. Great guy to deal with and the transfer decals were the best I've ever applied.

He seems like a good guy. I heard he is a Vet and that he owns a Rover. His prices are good to but the ONLY thing thats a killer is his size limitations. He said the biggest he can cut is 14 inches wide by 6 feet in length. Not nearly big enough for the primary decals I want to get on my truck. I was hoping for a big compass or something like minded to be added either to the hood or to the side near the back window that is much bigger along with the words: "Far North Overland". Ive asked him if he could do it in sections and he does not seem to want to do that..... not sure it will work out with him sadly. But maybe I could have him make the "LandRoverForums.com" decals and a couple other small things. Do you know of anther place that would do a bigger decal?

Old 11-10-2014, 08:50 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,589 Likes on 1,305 Posts
The following users liked this post:
TRIARII (11-11-2014)
Old 11-11-2014, 11:34 AM
TReK

Have you ever delt with them before Army? I sent them a email so we will see what happens. Still want to give the Vet some business though.... wish he had bigger machine cutters or whatever it is he needs to be able to cut bigger pieces.

Un-related: Do I need to get permission to order custom Landroverforums.com decals for my truck?

Old 11-11-2014, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

No I haven't but plenty of Rover owners over the years have. He used to have a disco (may still) and frequented Dweb. From everything I've seen he has always been on the up and up doing quality work. For a hood blackout I've always done spray paint or plasti-dip, costs a lot less and I'm cheap. Never wanted one with a compass on mine so the cheap method worked great for me.

Probably I'll ask for you on the landrover forums decals.

Old 11-11-2014, 12:10 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
No I haven't but plenty of Rover owners over the years have. He used to have a disco (may still) and frequented Dweb. From everything I've seen he has always been on the up and up doing quality work. For a hood blackout I've always done spray paint or plasti-dip, costs a lot less and I'm cheap. Never wanted one with a compass on mine so the cheap method worked great for me.

Probably I'll ask for you on the landrover forums decals.
Aright ill take your word on it then. Despite the fact that I will be getting an led light bar mounted to the roof, I will not be getting a hood blackout kit this time around. Its not a priority and I hope it can wait......

Old 11-11-2014, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Well if you can live without the compass a couple of spray cans of plasti dip will do the job at a quarter of the price and be completely remove able. You can get it Lowes home depot etc.

Old 11-11-2014, 12:31 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

Well if you can live without the compass a couple of spray cans of plasti dip will do the job at a quarter of the price and be completely remove able. You can get it Lowes home depot etc.
Exactly.
I have a Vigg Designs hood blackout on my '98. Its held up well enough but like Bill said they're pricey. I got it with a bunch of other parts I've since sold and more than made my money back on. Otherwise I'd go spray paint

Old 11-11-2014, 01:21 PM
TReK

Ive never done much research on using offroad lights but are you implying that the glare from the ironman4x4 led light bar will be unbearable? I did not know Home Depot and Lowes sold Plasti-Dip, I thought it was a specialty item purchased from a website. How exactly does one made a perfect outside without making anything un-even? Also Ive seen alot of blackout kits and spray applications used and they all seem to be the flat black color. What about a shiny black instead?

I still have not made up my mind about which design I will have printed for my truck but it will be roughly 54 inches wide and 36 inches long..