Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://landroverforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   These new hybrid cars (https://landroverforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/these-new-hybrid-cars-91107/)

redwhitekat 09-01-2018 12:47 PM

These new hybrid cars

So I noticed a lot of these hybrid or fuel saving SUV trucks and cars when they come to a stop the engine shuts off and I guess when they let off the brakes it starts back up again

isn't it bad for a engine to stop turn off and on at stops
just seems weird to me anyway

Best4x4 09-02-2018 05:46 PM

I've seen several things in newer cars that I honestly can't stand. First the auto braking stuff. I have a friend that works at Subaru and they've had a lot of issues with bugs and debris messing up the sensors causing a car to just keep the brakes on or have a mind of it's own. Then the new thing is the vehicles telling you to check the backseat before you exit the vehicle for kids or pets (whichever it might be.....) Blind spot indicators are handy, but if I spent 50K on a new 4x4 SUV and it told me to check the backseat I'd return that thing so fast the engine wouldn't be warmed up!!!

My D2's and LR3 are perfect for me & as long as I can keep them on the road I will be doing so.

OverRover 09-03-2018 05:38 PM

Then the new thing is the vehicles telling you to check the backseat before you exit the vehicle for kids or pets (whichever it might be.....)
Forget kids and pets.

I would prefer a warning to remind me to be sure any and all glitter is OFF my clothes before I go home.....
after the strip club!
:)

OffroadFrance 09-07-2018 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Best4x4 (Post 660541)
I've seen several things in newer cars that I honestly can't stand. First the auto braking stuff. I have a friend that works at Subaru and they've had a lot of issues with bugs and debris messing up the sensors causing a car to just keep the brakes on or have a mind of it's own. Then the new thing is the vehicles telling you to check the backseat before you exit the vehicle for kids or pets (whichever it might be.....) Blind spot indicators are handy, but if I spent 50K on a new 4x4 SUV and it told me to check the backseat I'd return that thing so fast the engine wouldn't be warmed up!!!

My D2's and LR3 are perfect for me & as long as I can keep them on the road I will be doing so.

X1 .................. agreed.

OffroadFrance 09-07-2018 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by overrover (Post 660617)
forget kids and pets.

i would prefer a warning to remind me to be sure any and all glitter is off my clothes before i go home.....
After the strip club!
:)

x1 .............. :d

OffroadFrance 09-07-2018 05:50 PM

There are a few things in automotive nuances I cannot tolerate, dodgy electric cars, dodgy hybrids and dodgy driverless cars, Most things are acceptable but not these.