Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://landroverforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Time to call it quits! (https://landroverforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/time-call-quits-91215/)

OffroadFrance 09-10-2018 05:26 AM

Time to call it quits!

Having enjoyed the forum for many years now, for various reasons, I've decided not to bother posting again. Like many before me I am 'retiring' from the forum gracefully but some may say "hooray, good riddance", so who really cares. I will remain a 'sleeping' member but highly unlikely to read, answer or post on here in future. au revoir mon amis.

JUKE179r 09-10-2018 07:21 AM

We'll keep a light on for you buddy!

KernowDiscovery 09-10-2018 10:16 AM

I don't think anyone is saying 'hooray good riddance' Offroad. I, for one, have learned a lot from your immense encyclopedia brain of knowledge and can appreciate your sardonic attitude. Just the other day I was reading a thread you created regarding the viscous clutch and the different types. For the life of me I tried finding it again and had no luck. I'm hoping I can access it again as it was really good info.

Don't be a stranger!

Christina

The Deputy 09-12-2018 08:32 AM

Enjoy your retirement. Know the feeling, getting burned out on some of these sites anymore. Not knocking any site(s) per-say, but they all run the "been there, done that" course over time.

Brian.

Charlie_V 09-12-2018 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance (Post 661418)
Having enjoyed the forum for many years now, for various reasons, I've decided not to bother posting again. Like many before me I am 'retiring' from the forum gracefully but some may say "hooray, good riddance", so who really cares. I will remain a 'sleeping' member but highly unlikely to read, answer or post on here in future. au revoir mon amis.

Your wisdom, wit, and knowledge will be missed.

TRIARII 09-15-2018 07:14 AM

Place is kinda dead anyways. Most of the interesting folks left ages ago. Take care of yourself man. It was a pleasure talking with you. You were always positive and helpful so you will be missed.

Julian

aemnky606 09-15-2018 10:01 AM

We will miss you brother, enjoyed all the knowledge and wisdom you provided to the fourm. Wish you well, and enjoy your next endeavor.

JUKE179r 09-15-2018 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by TRIARII (Post 662026)
Place is kinda dead anyways. Most of the interesting folks left ages ago.

Not to take away from OffRoadFrance’s exit (Frexit? Lol) message to the forum but I believe the forum has been great for everyone contributing their inputs on maintenance issues and helpIng one another. I haven’t been around long enough to remember the good ole days of Disco Mike and other “interesting” folks. This forum friendlier than some of the other LR forums that are more about political comments than truck talk.

Charlie_V 09-15-2018 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by JUKE179r (Post 662122)

Not to take away from OffRoadFrance’s exit (Frexit? Lol) message to the forum but I believe the forum has been great for everyone contributing their inputs on maintenance issues and helpIng one another. I haven’t been around long enough to remember the good ole days of Disco Mike and other “interesting” folks. This forum friendlier than some of the other LR forums that are more about political comments than truck talk.

It is a great forum. OffroadFrance and DiscoMike were GREAT contributors, but there are quite a few knowledgeable people still here.

Friday Night Disco 09-15-2018 11:21 PM

I like the crowd here. Reminds me of the days whe the Subaru and BMW forums were for enthusiasts and not d bags talking about kill stories and adding mods that were for show and not function.