Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

A Valentine for a Military Man

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 11:42 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 401 Likes on 385 Posts

Just tell the GF (girl friend?) game on. I like to be present, unfortunately I go write past every time.

As for the shocking ending a folded towel will keep the heat off the mind. Might catch fire too, hmmm, I'm wandering far far awaaaaay......little fire down dare, not so bad.

....And by the way GF you smacked me around right out of the gate, how could I not show a little love? You found my weakness and made me aware of the fact that your aware of it. Can't hide now.......

Funny, once upon a time I planned to write of my adventures......I'm becoming dumber by the day, need some type of mind stim besides that to which I'm so poorly doing.......

Old 02-16-2014, 10:56 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by ihscouts
Just tell the GF (girl friend?) game on. I like to be present, unfortunately I go write past every time.

As for the shocking ending a folded towel will keep the heat off the mind. Might catch fire too, hmmm, I'm wandering far far awaaaaay......little fire down dare, not so bad.

....And by the way GF you smacked me around right out of the gate, how could I not show a little love? You found my weakness and made me aware of the fact that your aware of it. Can't hide now.......

Funny, once upon a time I planned to write of my adventures......I'm becoming dumber by the day, need some type of mind stim besides that to which I'm so poorly doing.......
Oh Scout.. I only play for one team....and I'm afraid if we were to continue our cyber love it would only end in a love/hate relationship. You in love with yourself and me hating you. Oh dear.. did I just say that?!? I'm so sorry...

As far as your weakness... it wasn't too hard to figure out with my psychic abilities. I can read you like a book as well as you read me. Perhaps we should write one together and that would be stimulating enough? In fact, I'll offer to be your editor...

Old 02-16-2014, 04:29 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by landlover_1
Hm... I don't know if I buy into that one France. My Valentine cost nothing - just my imagination and if I were to mail it, pigeon carrier or pay the postage So tell me.. how do you and your wife keep the romance alive? Roll around in cash?

e-cards work too, a facebook post would suffice, maybe a compliment on my red barbour jacket and how lovely I look in it..ANYTHING.. hahaha.. I think I got up on the wrong side of the bed
Just love the Series 1, oh!, and you in the red Barbour jacket as well....of course , may I be so bold as to comment, with a Series 1 truck it should really be a green Barbour though, it's then very 'county' and 'horsey' of the rich variety

Seriously, only joshing

The problem is in France the stuff they sell for valentines day at exorbitant prices is really crass and their cards are horrible. As a couple we've gone past the romantic gestures bit and more into the practicalities, like, "can you give me a lift with these sheets of plasterboard" and "I could 'murder' a cup of tea or a beer" or "it's OK I'll fix the satellite dish so's you can watch TV" or "what would you like for your birthday" me "a new set of 3/8" drive sockets would be great", hard to pick out the romantic vibes there I suppose! Oh, we don't do social networking like FB etc and don't have smart phones either!. The problem is I spent my working life on a mobile phone most of the day and I've gotta say I hate them with a vengeance so we only keep mobiles for emergencies. I made a call on mine a few months ago in the UK when the wife disappeared into a clothes store for an hour, as they do, but she said "I'll only be 5 minutes" - many guys will relate to that standing around outside in the rain...........................waiting.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:02 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
Just love the Series 1, oh!, and you in the red Barbour jacket as well....of course , may I be so bold as to comment, with a Series 1 truck it should really be a green Barbour though, it's then very 'county' and 'horsey' of the rich variety

Seriously, only joshing

The problem is in France the stuff they sell for valentines day at exorbitant prices is really crass and their cards are horrible. As a couple we've gone past the romantic gestures bit and more into the practicalities, like, "can you give me a lift with these sheets of plasterboard" and "I could 'murder' a cup of tea or a beer" or "it's OK I'll fix the satellite dish so's you can watch TV" or "what would you like for your birthday" me "a new set of 3/8" drive sockets would be great", hard to pick out the romantic vibes there I suppose! Oh, we don't do social networking like FB etc and don't have smart phones either!. The problem is I spent my working life on a mobile phone most of the day and I've gotta say I hate them with a vengeance so we only keep mobiles for emergencies. I made a call on mine a few months ago in the UK when the wife disappeared into a clothes store for an hour, as they do, but she said "I'll only be 5 minutes" - many guys will relate to that standing around outside in the rain...........................waiting.
Thank you France - and I do have a green Barbour Wax Jacket too. I save my red jacket for when I sit on the hood I like to look 'rich' even if I'm not and I don't carry a phone either - only one for emergency purposes like you..

Old 02-16-2014, 06:03 PM
Recovery Vehicle

...and Scout.. my bark is worse than my bite. It's self preservation really

Old 02-17-2014, 06:14 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 137 Likes on 120 Posts

Thank you Scout - from you that means a lot.

but Dahling.. the Grammar Fairy will have to visit again if you keep up the past/passed/past tense business Congratulations on passing seventeen years. That's quite an accomplishment!

As for my seat warmer, well.... lately it has been chapping my cheeks due to a tear in the leather so I can't keep it on too long before I really feel the heat. It's kind of like electroshock therapy early in the morning as I drive down the road - always something...

Do you really need a seat? What color is it?
What state are you in?

Old 02-17-2014, 08:10 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by shanechevelle
Do you really need a seat? What color is it?
What state are you in?
Flesh toned seats - paler than the usual tan, very soft 'leather' that doesn't hold up well under pressure. It appears to have had a few repairs in the past - a small rip here or there that have been smoothed over with "something" clear (an epoxy balm?). I'm not thinking clearly right now - I've been traveling all day to a land that looks like Siberia, have had one too many hot toddies and the thought of my electroshock therapy seat is making me warm all over. Guess that's a good thing sometimes. I wish my Rover was here with me then I wouldn't have been looking like a raccoon with mascara all over my face from the snow. Or then again maybe I would...

I need to lay off the drinks

Old 02-18-2014, 11:41 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 137 Likes on 120 Posts

Flesh toned seats - paler than the usual tan, very soft 'leather' that doesn't hold up well under pressure. It appears to have had a few repairs in the past - a small rip here or there that have been smoothed over with "something" clear (an epoxy balm?). I'm not thinking clearly right now - I've been traveling all day to a land that looks like Siberia, have had one too many hot toddies and the thought of my electroshock therapy seat is making me warm all over. Guess that's a good thing sometimes. I wish my Rover was here with me then I wouldn't have been looking like a raccoon with mascara all over my face from the snow. Or then again maybe I would...

I need to lay off the drinks
LOL...

The reason I ask...

I have a full set of seats from a 7 seat D2. They all work. The leather is decent. If you were near, I'd say swing by and take a look at them. I will probably throw them on ebay soon. Idk.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:13 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by shanechevelle
LOL...

The reason I ask...

I have a full set of seats from a 7 seat D2. They all work. The leather is decent. If you were near, I'd say swing by and take a look at them. I will probably throw them on ebay soon. Idk.
Thanks Shane, I appreciate the thought. Unfortunately I'm quite a bit north of you - like 2 or 3 or 4 states (can't count as I had too many hot toddies again). Glad I'm heading home tomorrow and will have my faculties about me - hehe.. I start acting like a kid in a candy store when I get out of dodge and there's nothing to do - but act like a kid in a candy store. I'll never grow up

Old 02-18-2014, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,589 Likes on 1,305 Posts

Wow, I'm gone for a month and this place turns into "Land Rover Love In"

Quick Reply: A Valentine for a Military Man