Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

What are you guys listening to today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 07:40 PM
Baja
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

The funny thing is some of my generation having a name for this type of music .................... "rap cr@p" .................. whereas I hated reggae initially I soon grew to enjoy it but hearing repetitive rap which to me all sounds the same never does anything for me at all........ 'spose I must be gettin old or something' ............

Old 08-04-2014, 07:42 PM
Baja
Old 08-04-2014, 07:46 PM
Baja

This is pure magic................

The blond is rather gorgeous tooooo

Old 08-04-2014, 07:49 PM
Baja
Old 08-04-2014, 07:53 PM
Baja

Of course then going full circle this is pure magic ................ like Vale Rossi, the doctors in the House................

Old 08-04-2014, 09:46 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

Good choices Offroad - nice and mellow, very relaxing but 'uplifting' like those 'baby got back' butts I'm sorry but if that is what a guy considers a big butt then I've got bigger problems than I thought I did! Good thing I called around town today to see which gym has the best deal....

I don't know if you have this going on in France or England but here in the US it seems as if all the gyms push protein powder and supplements to enhance working out. I'm game for cardio, strength training and eating a balanced diet but when it comes to putting some foreign substance in my gob with a god awful name like 'Creatine' that's where I draw the line. What does that stuff do to your kidneys?!?

Off(road) on a tangent again... Back to thread Really enjoyed Chaka - her cassette is currently in the player of my Rover right now. I listen to her on my way to work sometimes. Good tune!

Last edited by KernowDiscovery; 08-04-2014 at 09:49 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:07 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Old 08-05-2014, 07:16 AM
Baja
Thumbs up

Nice record landlover_1, love the backing sounds

Old 08-05-2014, 07:41 AM
Baja

Originally Posted by KernowDiscovery
...................................Good thing I called around town today to see which gym has the best deal....

I don't know if you have this going on in France or England but here in the US it seems as if all the gyms push protein powder and supplements to enhance working out. I'm game for cardio, strength training and eating a balanced diet but when it comes to putting some foreign substance in my gob with a god awful name like 'Creatine' that's where I draw the line. What does that stuff do to your kidneys?!? ..............................
Many years ago I used to train at pro level, rarely bulk but sinew/muscle strength, high reps low weights and rarely heavy weights and low reps. My take is, never, ever take supplements, waste of time and money and everything justs works through the system and some cause lasting damage en route. A balanced diet is king, protein is good for strength and bulk, problem is once you bulk up it's hard to get rid. I have a policy, eat what I need and not what I want. Exercise is also king whatever it is and a state of mind, think old and you'll achieve it too soon. Yep, they sell all the 'get fit quick' cr@p in the gyms also. I never used a gym much as I had my own at home. When I trained I used a 'sweat shop' gym in a then rough south London area, Battersea, no women there, pure gut wrenching graft there usually pro boxers or the like .................. cheap too it was owned by my pal, sadly dead now, he was an Olympic Greco Roman wrestler. I used to box amateur for Charterhouse club and rock climb back then, that's why I'm so stupid today, no brains left to speak of

Old 08-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
Many years ago I used to train at pro level, rarely bulk but sinew/muscle strength, high reps low weights and rarely heavy weights and low reps. My take is, never, ever take supplements, waste of time and money and everything justs works through the system and some cause lasting damage en route. A balanced diet is king, protein is good for strength and bulk, problem is once you bulk up it's hard to get rid. I have a policy, eat what I need and not what I want. Exercise is also king whatever it is and a state of mind, think old and you'll achieve it too soon. Yep, they sell all the 'get fit quick' cr@p in the gyms also. I never used a gym much as I had my own at home. When I trained I used a 'sweat shop' gym in a then rough south London area, Battersea, no women there, pure gut wrenching graft there usually pro boxers or the like .................. cheap too it was owned by my pal, sadly dead now, he was an Olympic Greco Roman wrestler. I used to box amateur for Charterhouse club and rock climb back then, that's why I'm so stupid today, no brains left to speak of

I needed to hear that, thanks Offroad. I work with a guy who is into protein powders (shakes) and he eats the same thing everyday (chicken chunks and broccoli which is transported to work in a clear ziploc bag). As much as it is working for him (2 years now - first taking him down to very thin and now bulking him up) I find it hard to believe that he isn't creating an eating disorder by the lack of variety in addition to the protein shakes and caffeine drinks he downs everyday. He is also trying to convert me and anyone else in the office to his way of thinking.

When I spoke with my doctor a few years back about proper diet and nutrition he too said 'stick with a balanced diet but don't go crazy on the protein'. I know that my downfall is night-time, I have no problem when at work but when I get home I want to snack, and my husband doesn't help matters with his crisp addiction (Although on record he has stated it is unbelievable that the US has an entire grocery aisle dedicated to crisps but they all taste like crap) He seems to have resigned himself to the old stand by of 'salt and vinegar' and 'Chilli Heatwave Doritos' (although I think they're called something different here (Spicy Sweet Chili..)

Believe it or not I know where Battersea is. When I first met my husband I thought I'd surprise him by taking the train from Kensington to East Croydon station and walk to a pub that his brother owned at the time. Not the safest thing to do I found out , lots of cat calls and 'hey baby's' from guys hanging out on the streets and I got stuck in Clapham Junction. Apparently train routes terminate (?) and there I was sitting on the train waiting for it to take off again after letting people off at the stop. All of a sudden a man in a pagri showed up, arms flailing as he yelled 'you MUST get off of the train, the train has stopped, OFF the train, the train has stopped - you MUST get off of the train.'

Well ok.. (with a shrug of resignation) I'll move along....

Quick Reply: What are you guys listening to today?