Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

WTF’s a Bombogenesis???

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 12:21 PM
TReK
Received 161 Likes on 136 Posts
Default WTF’s a Bombogenesis???

I’ve never heard of it before but I can tell you it f$&ks things up. We’ve been without electricity, cable or internet service since late Sunday night. Out power company said we may not get power back until Thursday. The strange thing is we are one of only about 350 people in our town affected by this. The eastern part of CT was hit far harder than the northwestern parts of CT.

Basically, the mixing of cooler fall temperatures with warm ocean temperatures brought inland because of the tropical storm that just hit FL, causes lots of rain accompanied with tropical storm wind levels. I know I had to clear two trees that fell in my driveway on Monday morning. The electrical company restrung wires on our street early Monday only to have another large tree take them out again. Our road has been closed to through traffic. I can’t help but feel our electric company is giving us the finger. They fixed our outage once, now we’re on our own until the can spare the manpower.

I know our situation pales in comparison to what Houston, Florida, PR and the US VI’s are going through but it does give you a bit of a wake up call. Even with a generator, life without electricity, cable and internet service is a big PITA!!!

Old 11-05-2017, 10:41 AM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Hi Paul, I'm pretty clued up but that is a new one on me, never heard of it so I was intrigued and looked it up online. It appears to be a newish expression by meteorologists and the like for cyclone conditions deteriorating rapidly.

https://www.google.fr/search?q=Bombo...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Maybe it's a new word invented on Facebook