Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

04 D2 for sale SF bay area- Turner longblock installed!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2020, 12:54 PM
Overlanding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 04 D2 for sale SF bay area- Turner longblock installed!-SOLD

Thought this was my forever car. Have a new three row 4Runner and don't put enough miles on this rig to justify its insurance and care.

Bought in Los Angeles in 2009 with ~40k on the clock, currently has 121XXX.
In July of 2017 The engine was diagnosed with a cracked block with ~99K miles. Rebuilt longblock from Turners (UK) installed along with all new hoses and sensors. Have driven it for over two years and almost 22k miles. These Turner engines are all I had hoped for. Just passed CA emissions. Doesn’t use coolant or oil. But, there is a little oil seepage from valve covers. Just to remind you it’s a Land Rover :-) No need to add oil between 3k Rotella 15/40 oil changes.

Bonatti Grey
Black leather
Dual sunroof model

Never taken to salty roads in the winter. Only real off roading was on half day Land Rover Marin sponsored trip on the Sonoma Coast.

Rust free always CA car- no snow trips to Tahoe.
Clean car fax, @ 99,500 miles -installed rebuilt turner long lock, all new engine accessories (motor mounts, front cover/oil pump, cam sensor, crank position sensor, tensioner, etc) 4900 British pounds for the block and oil pump alone (With sensors, etc I spent about $9k)
Rewrapped wiring harness, new coolant reservoir, new cowl, water pump, water temp gauge installed
Nice rumble from resonator delete

Dash started to warp, so installed hold-down kit
Pads and rotors @ 84k
Pirelli scorpions @ 70k
Toms woods front driveshaft
New radiator in 2017
Always used Rotella 15-40 since break in-180 inline thermostat at engine swap, gauge inside
New coil packs, wires, plugs
New park brake and 4wd shifter leather
Stainless brake lines
Pioneer head unit with apple/ google play with backup camera

Recent brand new tail light housings

There’s work to be done:
Headliner cloth starting to droop
Rear windows worked but do not right now
Drivers electronic seat adjustment not working at the moment
Wheel arches need refresh

Sunroofs don’t work when hot outside, so unplugged
Rear pass door seal has some wind noise at hwy speeds
Oil seeping at valve covers, no drips
Intermittent three amigos, haven’t had time to perform option B repair

Roof started showing signs of clear coat failure, so had a local auto wrap shop cover the roof in 3m white vinyl to cut down on summer heat and protect the paint, plus looks badass. Comes with a few backup parts from engine swap and a set of all weather mats, do not have cargo area. The drivers mat does have a crack at drivers heel though.

When engine first installed, blackstone showed high levels of lead. The levels have continually declined at every oil change. September oil change report attached.

I would drive this anywhere in North America without worry. Its in amazing shape for a 16 year old car, but has wear that you would expect.

I believe that when selling vehicles, that exterior shots should be after detailing and that engine compartment shots and under carriage shots should be as is.

Asking $12K obo

Drivers armrest

cracked

Last edited by Ducatiryan; 04-18-2021 at 09:07 AM. Reason: oil report didnt attach, price adjust,sold
Old 12-17-2020, 03:06 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 151 Likes on 95 Posts

you sure it's an 04? No CDL on the shifter **** and the sticker also shows no CDL for activiation 4LO. That points to an 03 with 04 roofbars. I could be wrong, but just wanted to point it out and have it clarified for potential buyers who might not know better. Nice looking truck. Good luck with the sale.

Old 12-17-2020, 04:10 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by tnrangerover
you sure it's an 04? No CDL on the shifter **** and the sticker also shows no CDL for activiation 4LO. That points to an 03 with 04 roofbars. I could be wrong, but just wanted to point it out and have it clarified for potential buyers who might not know better. Nice looking truck. Good luck with the sale.

Heres the VIN: Tenth digit is a 4, so it is an 04, built in 8/03.

Heres a better pic of the transfer shift area

Old 12-17-2020, 05:03 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 388 Likes on 315 Posts

Wrong CDL ****:

Last edited by stillruns; 12-17-2020 at 05:07 PM.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:22 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 151 Likes on 95 Posts

ah okay. your first picture of the Tcase shifter shows a **** without the diff lock diagram. good deal. this will be a great truck for someone.

Old 12-18-2020, 11:51 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 388 Likes on 315 Posts

The **** in the truck is from a 2000-2003 DII but the truck is an 04’

Old 12-18-2020, 07:37 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice truck! It's always nice to see someone else in LA who cares for their car instead of driving it into the ground like everyone else does. Did you have to do anything special to get it to pass smog? I'd love to do the Turner Eng swap but I can't seem to find any info on if they pass CA smog as is.

Old 12-18-2020, 09:05 PM
Overlanding

I was very concerned if it would pass CA emissions as well. I bought the block with the stock cam and the SAI ports (no upgrades at all) Hooked it all up and haven’t looked back since. Passed smog without any issues a couple months ago. Totally recommend Turner.

The following users liked this post:
OffTheRoad (12-18-2020)
Old 12-22-2020, 10:29 AM
Received 392 Likes on 305 Posts

that frame is clean

Old 12-23-2020, 09:35 PM
Mudding
Received 89 Likes on 52 Posts

Any pics of the roof without the wrap to show how bad the clear coat is? I'm in the Bay Area and specifically looking for a Bonatti Grey 04 D2.

-Carlo

Quick Reply: 04 D2 for sale SF bay area- Turner longblock installed!