Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1996 Land Rover Discovery 5-SPEED w/ MINT MOTOR - $2200

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 06:06 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 Land Rover Discovery 5-SPEED w/ MINT MOTOR - $2200

I don't know this guy and I have never seen this car but I keep seeing this ad on Craisglist and it sounds like a great deal for someone.. Here's the link and the post:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/car/324793372.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-324793372@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-05-05, 8:08AM EDT

First off the car needs a little TLC but not in the driveline or michanicals, just cosmetic and a small thing here and there. It was my offroad car for two years but it was not beat up. Truck is 100% reliable even for a Rover!!! I'm a Land Rover freak and have spent all of last year fixing everything electrical that plauges these cars and you will have NO electrical problems. Everything works!

I needs mostly a steering dampner (Like a shock but not nessessary) and it needs a muffler, badly. Runs great. Very fast. I had the whole top end rebuild and ported last year. Tranny shifts great. Clutch has a lot of life left with no slipping. There was a snorkel on the left side and when it was removed, it left a big hole in the fender so you will need a left fender (they are cheap). It also has perfect air conditioning and a mint sunroof.

It's white (the most common color) with tan cloth. Inside is real nice, no rips or wear in any seats. The dash and console have some small holes from things that were mounted and now removed like GPS and stuff. It also needs a transfer case shifter as it was removed to replace the shifter but I never got around to it. It does not affect daily driving at all and can be bought online for about $30 or just forgotten about for city driving.

Truck has jumpseats in rear and no rustout in the body but some small rust on the rear wheel arches but it's minimal. It has a dent that was pulled out on the passager side fender. If you get down to it, if you replace both front fenders, the truck would look fantastic and close to perfect.

Transfer case has a little leak and needs to be checked once a year (Thats how slight). Tranny and motor and diffs do NOT leak!

Everything else is great. Gets to 90 mph. No check engine light, no srs light no abs light. Never stalls. Never overheats. Runs smooth. Has 2 new o2 sensors. Cats are NOT clogged at all and rear muffler is new. Axels are mint, no rust on driveline.

Overall a great truck for the measily $2200 i'm asking. Engine DOES NOT LEAK AT ALL. It was rebuilt with all new gaskets last year and it's the cleanest engine in a rover you will see. Tires are good, shocks are good.

There is no radio but all the wires are there and I can mark them. All the speakers are there. I can offer a $275 Pioneer CD radio with remote for another $100 to the winner as I was going to use it for other truck.

Truck must be sold this weekend so if you need a good disco for the summer or for the winter even, this is the cheepest one you can find that actually runs good and needs nothing michanical and has good air conditioning.

Bring some cash and make a deal but dont waste my time wiht psycho lowball offers. The motor is worth $1700 on ebay and it has perfect compression at 162-166 in every cylinder as checked two months ago during a complete tuneup with new engine sensors and factory parts.

5-speeds are rare and not exsistant at this price.

I might have pics later.

All glass is mint, all electrics work. Truck is registered and inspected. I can deliver to any 5-boroughs after the sale for free. Other places for a small fee.

Clean NY title. Carfax shows a rear end accident but there si no body work on this car at all. It might have been a bumper bender. No major accidents. No body work. no nothing. I bought it from a Minister two years ago from Hicksville. I'll have more pics later or just come by.