Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1997 D1 For Sale with Atlantic British Motor

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 11:33 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1997 D1 For Sale with Atlantic British Motor

Hello all. Over the last couple years I have come across new responsibilities in my life and my father and I have had to halt the restoration process on my 97 Discovery 1. We no longer have the time to continue and have decided to sell in hopes of an enthusiast continuing where we left off.

Here is a list of what we have done to the truck:
  • Atlantic British 4.0 Engine was installed in April 2014 and broken in properly per Atlantic British's instructions provided. With the engine came a brand new oil pump and front cover, already installed. The truck purrs like a kitten with only 3,301 miles on the Atlantic British engine.
  • We completely overhauled the cooling system with the install of the engine. New water pump, radiator, clutch fan, upper and lower radiator hoses, radiator cap, thermostat, and coolant. We also installed a clear coolant container to keep easier track of coolant levels.
  • We installed a new Magnaflow catback exhaust a few months after the engine install.
  • K&N drop in Air filter
  • Kicker front speaks and Pioneer bluetooth head unit
  • New rear mud flaps. (I also have front flaps, new in box, that have not been installed. Will include with sale).
  • Rear tail light guards and reflector guards
  • Full set of weather tech floor mats and cargo tray, and weather tech window vent visors
  • New Cooper Discoverer A/T3 tires (stock size with 90% tread left currently)
  • TerraFirma oversized steering damper
  • New fuel pump, installed a few months before engine install
  • We replaced all dash and centerstack bulbs, and we installed a stock working clock as the previous one was not working. We installed a new AC switch as well, as the previous one did not work.
  • Other misc. hoses replaced
  • AC and heat work fantastic.

ALL PHOTOS AND VIDEOS HERE: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yft8thps0...wZKgb0Hfa?dl=0

--
My father is a professional auto mechanic of 30 years and we did all this work together. The truck itself has 166,325 miles on it. The odometer read 163,024 when we installed the engine in 2014. The truck is Avalon Blue with a tan interior. It currently stays at my dad's shop, and we take it for a spin around the block every week or 2, to keep it in shape, but otherwise we do not drive it daily.

As to be expected, the truck runs and drives strong but needs some work. It needs a new starter (current one works but is sometimes fussy, usually only when the weather is below freezing temps). The truck also needs springs/shocks (which I had planned to do next).

The body is straight other than a minor dent on driver's door and a dent in the roof on driver side back corner. Roof and hood are in great shape, but the clear coat has faded quite a bit in these spots.

We repaired a rust hole in the passenger side rear fender wall (inside the door).

The steering box is leaky but I have the seal needed to repair this, brand new, and will be included in sale.

The windshield needs to be re-sealed on the top. It leaks a bit, but only during heavy amounts of rainfall if the truck is sitting out in it for hours. This has caused the headliner to fall a bit over time.

---

I will include a fully rebuilt, never used, harmonic balancer (crank pulley) with the sale. I had one rebuilt to keep on the side for the future.

I have most paperwork for all the work done, and I have all the paperwork for the purchase of the Atlantic British engine, if interested.

I have pictures upon request and a video of the engine running.

I am not looking to part the truck out as I am hoping for someone to continue the restoration process. However, if you are buying it for the engine and the parts to restore your own vehicle, I will feel good knowing my truck helped you get yours back onto the road.
--

I do not do shipping. If you want to have it shipped and you figure out a way to do so, then I will consider it.

I am asking $2,500 OBO. Considering the engine inside and the work done. The truck is located in Rahway NJ, USA

--
If you are unhappy with the price you do not have to let me know. I know what I have put into this truck and it is not nearly what I am asking for it. I am open to offers.

If interested please PM me. Make me an offer. I am willing to work with you.

Thanks for reading.
-Spike

Attached Thumbnails 1997 D1 For Sale with Atlantic British Motor-20180127_130611.jpg   1997 D1 For Sale with Atlantic British Motor-20180127_143644.jpg   1997 D1 For Sale with Atlantic British Motor-20180127_130637.jpg  

Last edited by spikeRovah; 02-21-2018 at 01:33 PM.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:14 AM
Mudding

I have edited the post, adding all images and videos of the truck to a Dropbox link. You can see them all by clicking HERE: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yft8thps0...wZKgb0Hfa?dl=0

The following users liked this post:
ArmyRover (02-21-2018)
Old 02-21-2018, 10:37 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 388 Likes on 315 Posts

$4,300 is way to high for this truck. It may have a new'er motor but the paint is awful and the rust is a bigger problem. May want to reconsider the price. Good luck with the sell.

Old 02-21-2018, 10:52 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by stillruns
$4,300 is way to high for this truck. It may have a new'er motor but the paint is awful and the rust is a bigger problem. May want to reconsider the price. Good luck with the sell.
"If you are unhappy with the price you do not have to let me know. I know what I have put into this truck and it is not nearly what I am asking for it. I am open to offers."

Not to be rude, but this is why I specifically wrote this.

I also pointed out I am open to offers and am willing to work with people in regards to the price. I understand the body is not in perfect condition, which is why I am definitely willing to negotiate. Thanks, though unnecessary.

Last edited by spikeRovah; 02-21-2018 at 10:59 AM.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:33 PM
Mudding

I have dropped the price substantially.

Instead of looking at it for what it is worth, I was looking more at what I put into it, and that's my fault.

At this point I just want it to go to a good enthusiast and I know a lot of work still needs to be done. Thanks again all for looking.

Please send offers if interested. Again, I am willing to negotiate.

Old 02-25-2018, 10:45 AM
Mudding

Truck is sold. Thank you all for looking.