Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2002 Land Rover Discovery Kalahari FOR SALE $8500

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 02:44 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Land Rover Discovery Kalahari FOR SALE $8500

Really clean rare 1 of 150 made. Recently serviced. 160k miles runs great. looks great.
Located in Northern California
Clean california title in my name,no accidents,registered. Very very clean inside and out.
lifted 4" (ROVERTYM) with coil springs,bilsteins,rock sliders,great tires,factory maintenance manual,lots of new parts.
Just passed smog on 8/27/2013. All maintenance is up to date.
Yes it is a real Kalahari Edition. Land Rover Specialty vehicles badged. You won't likely see another one like this.
Fresh fluids,three amigos fix,no fault codes.
This Disco is very solid,clean and ready for an adventure.
I am firm on the price. Please feel free to email me with questions or for pictures.

Last edited by splichain2; 09-21-2013 at 05:32 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:54 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Hopefully you're firm on keeping it for a while. At the end of the day, its still a 2002 D2 with 160k miles.

Old 09-12-2013, 06:18 AM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by WNYErikDiscoII
Hopefully you're firm on keeping it for a while. At the end of the day, its still a 2002 D2 with 160k miles.
Wow...did not think I would find cynical disco haters here but....

I have a very rare vehicle that is way cleaner and in better mechanical condition than most new cars....you want to judge my Disco against other mundane POS Land Rovers than so be it. My Kalahari is clean,reliable and unique. Thanks for the interest.

Old 09-12-2013, 06:37 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by splichain2
Wow...did not think I would find cynical disco haters here but....

I have a very rare vehicle that is way cleaner and in better mechanical condition than most new cars....you want to judge my Disco against other mundane POS Land Rovers than so be it. My Kalahari is clean,reliable and unique. Thanks for the interest.

Not a hater, just a realist. I understand it is a "rare" vehicle, but some badging and interior doesnt negate the fact that it is a 12 year old car with 160k miles. Im not trying to be a dick, just honest. You will have far better luck with ebay.

And nobody ever used the words Land Rover and reliable in the same sentence before.

Old 09-12-2013, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

It is worth what it is worth to someone.

The new owners may pay a bit more, those who have suffered with their vehicles may be a bit more cautious. And best price ever for a D2 was $2000 by RoxieMoxie; who bought it as her first car. It had 117 garage kept miles on it, and oem gasoline.

At 160K head gaskets, plugs and wires, water pump, fan clutch, brakes; all these could need serious work at anytime.

Craigslist, fleaBay; all these are ways to market the truck. As is this site. Pictures are nice, try not to have a shiny truck and wet pavement, as it looks like the water sheen is hiding the faded paint.

How many times have you replaced the coolant? The answer should be 5, as in every 24 months or 30,000 - whichever comes first. And you may have, but many have not. How about the front driveshaft - upgraded to fully greaseable - or ready to chirp, snap, and beat a hole in the tranny?

Listing the "new" parts used is a double edge sword, some see it as things they won't have to do (like water pump and fan clutch); some see it as an omen.

You never know, a guy in a corner office may be looking for a well prepped toy to keep at his place in the mountains.

Good luck, and may a high sales price put you that much closer to a LR4.

Old 09-13-2013, 04:48 AM
4wd Low
Default all that has been completed

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
It is worth what it is worth to someone.

The new owners may pay a bit more, those who have suffered with their vehicles may be a bit more cautious. And best price ever for a D2 was $2000 by RoxieMoxie; who bought it as her first car. It had 117 garage kept miles on it, and oem gasoline.

At 160K head gaskets, plugs and wires, water pump, fan clutch, brakes; all these could need serious work at anytime.

Craigslist, fleaBay; all these are ways to market the truck. As is this site. Pictures are nice, try not to have a shiny truck and wet pavement, as it looks like the water sheen is hiding the faded paint.

How many times have you replaced the coolant? The answer should be 5, as in every 24 months or 30,000 - whichever comes first. And you may have, but many have not. How about the front driveshaft - upgraded to fully greaseable - or ready to chirp, snap, and beat a hole in the tranny?

Listing the "new" parts used is a double edge sword, some see it as things they won't have to do (like water pump and fan clutch); some see it as an omen.

You never know, a guy in a corner office may be looking for a well prepped toy to keep at his place in the mountains.

Good luck, and may a high sales price put you that much closer to a LR4.
new wires
new plugs
new water pump
new greaseable drive shaft
new head gasket
new coolant and new radiator
records of religious maintenance since new
the only issue is seat heater on drivers side is inop. very minor power steering leak. yes it has genuine gm cold climate 12345867 fluid.
I am a helicopter pilot. I take my maintenance pretty seriously. The suspension upgrade alone is worth $4k. When I say clean Rover I mean clean Rover.
There might be other janky Discos out there that need tons of work...mine is not one of them. Even if the motor blew up tomorrow you could throw a 4.6 in there and have more 4x4 truck than most people could dream of. Sure it needs lockers and all that farkle...but I am selling a vehicle that was 1 of 150. I doubt that there are still 150 of these on the road....so you are dealing with a fairly unique one of a kind ride. Oh....and it is yellow.

Old 09-13-2013, 04:56 AM
4wd Low

new purge valve. new gas cap. smog passed perfectly. premium chevron only. swepco 15w40 oil. If you don't have an interest in it no problem....please refrain from snide comments. If you are interested and have questions please by all means feel free to ask them. This posting was disco for sale...not lets all bag on the new guy. Thanks and enjoy your Roverventures.

Old 09-13-2013, 04:59 AM
4wd Low

Btw....i would never drive an LR4....kinda like i'll never own a water cooled Porsche.
Besides...for what i am asking you could put $9k into my Kalahari and still be less than an LR4.

Old 09-13-2013, 06:03 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

lifted 4" (ROVERTYM) with coil springs, bilsteins. "The suspension upgrade alone is worth $4k."
Let me know the next time you want a lift kit, boy do I have a deal for you.

Honestly; do you think badging adds $5000 to the price of your truck?
maybe it will in another 10-years or so?

Last edited by drowssap; 09-13-2013 at 06:10 AM.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:33 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bet I don't have 4k wrapped up in my Fox shocks, Rovertym springs, trailing arms, radius arms, lockers, gears, axles, and Rovertym front and rear bumper! Just sold a set of RTE springs for 200 bucks!

Quick Reply: 2002 Land Rover Discovery Kalahari FOR SALE $8500