Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2006 LR3 HSE with HD Package $4500

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2018, 06:20 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 LR3 HSE with HD Package Sold

I am looking to sell my dark blue 2006 LR3 HSE with heavy duty package (rear locking diff and full sized spare), cold weather package (heat strips on front windshield and heated seats for front seats and middle seats), and towing package. I am asking SOLD. Located in La Pine, OR about a half hour south of Bend.

Bad news first. The reason for the low asking price is because this vehicle either has a blown head gasket or a cracked block (hopefully it is the former, but I can't say for sure either way). I was getting a check engine light with multiple misfire codes which I couldn't figure out because the vehicle seemed to be driving fine. However, I confirmed that it was either a head gasket or block issue when I took a trip to the Steens Mountains and I saw the temperature start to spike, so I immediately pulled over and found that I had no coolant. Fortunately I had coolant with me, so I was able to fill back up and get back home watching my temp gauge like a hawk the whole way back, but I saw that I was still slowly losing coolant. I got the coolant system pressure tested and there were no leaks found, so I had an exhaust test and sure enough I was burning off coolant in the exhaust. Since then I've barely been driving it, only taking short trips and always checking the coolant level before leaving. I haven't had a temperature spike since, but I still am losing coolant slowly over time. The check engine light has oddly gone away, but I know the problem still exists.

Other problems I can identify is there is a slight crack/bulge in the dash on the passenger side (pictured) and the Harmon Kardon sound system while being great overall, I do notice a slight buzzing from one of the speakers on the passenger side on heavy bass notes. Also the sun roof doesn't work, I think one of the previous owners might have actually had it sealed. It does not leak. Also you can see in the gauges picture that the low tire pressure light is on, all the tires are good pressure but I believe one of the tire pressure sensors is bad. For a 12 year old vehicle it does have some small scratches and dings here and there, but nothing significant.

Now for the good news. This vehicle has just shy of 126,000 miles, a clear title, and aside from the engine issue, drives very well. The transmission shifts smoothly and I had the transmission fluid changed last year in September. In August of last year I had a full inspection and had a software update, replaced the mass airflow sensor, had a comprehensive tune-up with new spark plugs, air filter, coolant, front and rear diff fluid, brake fluid, and fuel injector flush. I have receipts for all of this. I also have a clean Carfax report from when I bought the vehicle and the maintenance that was done before I owned it.

The LR3 has about every option you can think of, including DVD player, heated seats, power seats with memory function, third row seats (7 seats total), rain sensing wipers, HID headlights that angle on turns, parking sensors, and locking rear differential. This vehicle has gotten me reliably over the Cascades multiple times, even in heavy snow. It currently has 19 inch wheels with Nokian Hakkapelitta tires installed, and they have good tread left. I will also include a set of four 18 inch alloy wheels, I was planning on putting a good set of AT tires on these, but never got around to it.

Here are some pictures below:

Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to come take a look. This vehicle is as is, if you can do the work yourself on the engine issues I believe this is a great vehicle with a ton of potential. If you would like to arrange an inspection I'd be more than willing to facilitate.

Last edited by TheVolunteers; 12-14-2018 at 10:39 PM.
Old 11-11-2018, 07:30 PM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

Location, location, location.

Old 11-11-2018, 09:15 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,465 Likes on 1,196 Posts

Looks like Redmond, Oregon

Old 11-11-2018, 09:53 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by abran
Location, location, location.
​​​​​​
Good point, I knew I forgot something. Updating original post with that information.

Old 11-11-2018, 09:58 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
Looks like Redmond, Oregon
Close, I need to update my location on my profile. I'm in La Pine now, about a half hour south of Bend and an hour south of my old place in Redmond.

Old 11-12-2018, 12:04 AM
Baja

Did the vehicle overheat? The head gaskets don’t just go on these without an event. Also, never heard of a cracked block on these, but you could be that unlucky!

good luck.

Old 11-12-2018, 12:12 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by abran
Did the vehicle overheat? The head gaskets don’t just go on these without an event. Also, never heard of a cracked block on these, but you could be that unlucky!

good luck.
Thanks Abran, I've only had the temp spike once when I burned through my coolant in the Steens, but I was having the misfire codes before that which seems to indicate that I was having head gasket problems before the temp spike. Can't really say for sure what caused the whole thing unfortunately. I do hope that it's just a head gasket and not the block like you say, but without serious engine surgery I can't say for sure one way or another.

Old 12-04-2018, 01:14 PM
Drifting

Bump with price drop.

Old 12-04-2018, 07:28 PM
Baja

Originally Posted by TheVolunteers
Thanks Abran, I've only had the temp spike once when I burned through my coolant in the Steens, but I was having the misfire codes before that which seems to indicate that I was having head gasket problems before the temp spike. Can't really say for sure what caused the whole thing unfortunately. I do hope that it's just a head gasket and not the block like you say, but without serious engine surgery I can't say for sure one way or another.
It's refreshing to hear a seller throw out that it could be a block problem when usually it would not be. Good luck.

Old 12-14-2018, 10:38 PM
Drifting

LR3 is sold.