Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

FS; 2003 Discovery 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 09:08 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts
Default FS; 2003 Discovery 2

Thought I’d put this here as well as eBay later today.

This is my 2003 Disco 2 115,000 miles, title in hand in my name and is currently registered. Stayed in Texas for quite a while and the truck shows it, only rust is surface rust, and the rest has been under coated with POR15, something I do to all of my vehicles. No sunroofs either! No annoying water leaks..

cruise control is also working! Must have fix for me as I do quite a lot of interstate driving

truck does great at all speeds, no vibrations and I regularly get up to 85+MPH in the crazy highway goes to Chicago

Truck just got new head gaskets, not many miles on them since I have so many other vehicles, this has been my favourite for inclement weather, if it snows I’m taking this one to work in Chicago (140 miles to and from) instead of my newer trucks.

I have taken it off-road, only light trails with the heavy stuff saved for my rusted out RRC.

Lots of new parts, power steering system has been completely sorted with new pump, hoses, and fluid.

the FV308 mod has been done during the head gaskets, the truck doesn’t leak any noticeable oil. I suppose if needed the oil pan gasket could be done but it doesn’t do anything more than seep. I never see any oil on my garage floor.

I’ve been using standard Green coolant, the engine photo looks like there’s no coolant but I assure there is, just hard to see. I even checked after seeing the photo haha.

no clunks or weird noises, the truck runs at a solid 190F, no lights on and no damn 3 amigos. The 4.6 runs smoothly with no issues, new plugs and plug wires. No exhaust leaks and the rear resonator has been deleted giving a little bit of a growl on the outside, not noticeably loud, to be honest. I could include a sound clip to anyone who would want it.

The tires are great, Dynapro ATMs. Probably only 15,000 miles on them and basically no wear. My favourite tire so far especially in the snow.

steers straight, transmission shifts smoothly and was just serviced. New drag link. Wipers are all good.
Driveshaft was rebuilt about 12,000 miles ago, I have all service records since the beginning.

oil changed every 10k miles with Pennzoil synthetic before me, every 3000 miles in my ownership with M1 and a M1 301A filter.

I can’t really list everything that has been done here, chances are if it’s a common issues it’s been done. I’ll post later today another 10 paragraphs of work that’s been done.

What is the bad? I'll try to be completely transparent about the issues that it has. Forgive me if I forget something.
The rear bumper has a slight crack in it, it does not bother me as it is not entirely noticeable. See photos.
The roof paint is faded
The windshield cowel is cracked
The windshield had some rock chips that were repaired by Safelite
The driver seat has a tear in it
The left horn button does not work, though I will be replacing that before the sale in the name of safety
And that as far as I am concerned is the extent of the "Bad" list.

The good.
All door locks have been replaced
Complete top end rebuild of the engine, a complete bullet-proofing of this engine, per-say.
New head gaskets, manifold gaskets, water hoses, expansion tank cap, thermostat, PCV valve, and vacuum lines among other things.
New windshield wipers front and rear
New brake pads front and rear
New spark plugs
New spark plug wires
FV308 PCV
New power steering pump
New power steering low pressure hoses
New power steering high pressure lines

New drag link
New tie rod ends
New parking brake leather
New battery
New front driveshaft
Transmission fluid and filter change
Oil changes always done with Pennzoil with service records for the past 5(?) or so years.
New air filter
Rebuilt injectors and seals
New serpentine belt

Off the top of my head, that is what has been done. I could sort through service records and find something else but this is the bulk of the work that finishes off the common problems.

BP Premium used only, I run BG44k through all of my vehicles every other month to clean the injectors. I'm pretty good on maintenance, my theory is fix it before it breaks.

priced at $6,000 with full service records

any questions just text or message me at (708)*******
I’ll text back within seconds if I have service, which with ATT Is anywhere but where I work....
I love to be honest so think of all of the hard questions and I’ll answer them the best I can

I’ll keep this edited with any new information I get in a better written format, as well as more photos will be added as my phone will let me. Once again, damn you ATT haha..

Cheers,

Rob

Last edited by User; 05-12-2019 at 11:52 PM. Reason: New photos and wording
Old 05-06-2019, 05:39 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,404 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Nice truck, good luck with the sale.

Old 05-06-2019, 10:01 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 91 Likes on 82 Posts

damn...that looks new !!......good luck with the sale

Old 05-06-2019, 10:24 PM