Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

TRADE for LR3 - R53 Mini Cooper S.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 10:13 PM
Mudding
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default TRADE for LR3 - R53 Mini Cooper S.

Hello all. I figure this idea was worth a shot so here goes.

I've been looking to get an LR3 for a while I just have not had the time to put the car up for sale and make the switch. We just moved from Alaska back down to Atlanta and are still getting settled in.

I am looking for a LR3 SE or HSE. In great condition both physically and mechanically. Like most these days. Well taken care of. Most LR3's come pretty loaded so I am not really all too picky past needing it to be reliable and a good Land Rover. I completely rebuilt a 04 Disco II after a slipped sleeve.

Ah, and as to the bait! I have a R53 Mini Cooper S that I am putting up for trade. I absolutely love driving this car everyday but the needs for a larger vehicle have outweighed keeping it.

As you can see from the pictures it is not off the factory floor. All of the custom work was done by me. All very well executed with professional automotive paints and really set the tone for the car as it always should have looked.

Anyway, the real value is the 400 hours of work that has gone into it. The engine was removed and replaced with a low mileage platform. That new platform was completely rebuilt from the ground up. Along with the transmission so I didn't have to wonder if anything wouldn't last. I replaced every wear down part, seal, gasket, plug, and areas of any concern I could come up with. The cost of the rebuild and upgrades were around $5,000 in parts and I performed all of the labor.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...adventure.html

You can find every single step and detail in the thread above.

Everything you can possibly think of has been replaced. Even the battery, tires, pads, it all was replaced to be like new. Reliable as if from mile 1 from the factory.

Now to the upgrades.
Lightened flywheel and clutch kit Valeo.
Lightened crank pulley +2%
15% supercharger pulley.
DT performance bypass valve.
D1Spec throttle controller
1 step colder spark plugs.
I am forgetting more...

The body only has 90k miles on it. The new rebuild is fully broken in and has around 12k miles in. Not a single issue. I can't even describe how fun this car is to drive.

Well, I could talk for hours on what has been done to this car and how great it is. If you are interested let me know and let me know what you have.

I am in the Atlanta area but I would be willing to do some driving to trade for the right Land Rover.

Worth a shot to see if anyone is interested.

Old 05-23-2017, 10:28 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trade

Are you still interested in trading? I have a 2005 LR3 HSE. Low miles and great condition

Let me know
Dan

Old 05-23-2017, 10:32 PM
Mudding
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I may be.

Send me some pictures and details. I'll take a look.