Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Trading in my P38 on Monday and pulling some bits off - hurry if you're interested!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parting out my 2000 P38A (pg 2) lots of goodies, woodgrain interior, new suspension

Since I doubt the dealer will value anything extra over the book, I'm pulling my brush guard & hellas off. If the safari rack wasn't wired through the roof I'd pull that too.

Also have 2 front EAS air bags that are still good. I swapped for coils just 1k miles ago and have the whole EAS valve block, compressor, etc that I'm taking out as well. It's all good, the EAS fault that became the last straw was a bad rear bag. In hind sight it would have been much cheaper to just replace the bag instead of the whole system. Oh well.

If you're interested, let me know. I'll see if I can figure out how to post pics.

Last edited by soiltron; 12-09-2009 at 08:37 AM.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:18 PM
2nd Gear

did you pull the lights? what are you looking to sell them for? Ill take all 6

Old 12-07-2009, 07:56 AM
Rock Crawling

I wanna know: has anyone ever actually *used* one of those to open a can?

Old 12-07-2009, 10:55 AM
Drifting

Well, as luck (or Murphy) would have it, the front driveshaft busted on my wife as she was driving the Rover to work this morning. So now it's no good as a trade. I am weighing my options between fixing and selling it, or parting it out. If I were parting it out, what would you be interested in? I don't mind spending some time with a wrench to get you what you want, and I'll come up with prices.

Baylink, I have no idea what you're even talking about. If you're implying there's a bottle opener somewhere on my Rover, I have not used it. If you're implying "opening a can" on another driver who left his brights on by illuminating the Hellas, then I'm guilty.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:28 AM
Rock Crawling

Well, I wasn't in the Army either, but I thought everyone knew about these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-38_can_opener

Old 12-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Drifting

Ah, see I'm slow. I remember those from boy scouts. And yes, I've actually used them. It's easier on the fingers to use the one on your swiss army knife.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Drifting

PM replied.

Old 12-08-2009, 07:01 AM
erk
Overlanding

I want some parts!

Old 12-08-2009, 08:39 AM
Drifting

Looks like there's more interest in parts than a whole Rover, and I'd love to spend some more time with it, so let's open the thread to list parts that you're looking for. I'll start coming up with prices for parts as I think of them, probably starting with the "low hanging fruit" first. List or PM me with the parts you'd like. Including engine parts, anything. I'm not afraid of getting my hands dirty. Should have a basic list this afternoon.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Drifting

Here are some parts & prices to get started. I spent some time on ebay looking at completed listings, and only wrote down what I found in green that actually sold, and then discounted from there, so hopefully these are great deals and you'll keep me busy pulling parts off the beast. Any shipping will just be actual shipping charges unless I run out of boxes and have to buy some.

EAS unit (the whole thing, block, solenoids, pump, drier, etc. The cheapest one I found in completed listings went for $350) $300
EAS ECU $30
front air springs $50
brush guard (not sure how to ship this) $300
EAS reset buddy (used twice before converting to coils, it's super easy and works great! Was $200 new) $100
roof rack basket (not sure how to ship this) $300
HEVAC control (I'll replace all bulbs before I ship it so it's ready to go) $150
ecu $150
BeCM $30
fog lamps $50/pr
MAF sensor $30?
tail lights $20
headlight assembly (left) $75
window switches (woodgrain, completed listing was $150) $100
Hellas (6) $20ea (atlantic british are $80ea)
Coilover conversion including EAS override (less than 500 miles on the kit) $600
4 bilsteins (less than 500 miles) $300
wheels (might have to wait a while on this, since I'm not sure how I'll move it with them gone)
spare wheel (16in genuine Rover) $80
suspension switch (ride height selector) $40
turn signals & corner lenses $35
AC compressor $50
dash cover w/ buttons, clock (unless someone wants the ride height button seperate) $70
weather tech cargo floormat $50
ABS brake pump $200
side mirrors $100
interior mirror $20
flap motor assy $30

Last edited by soiltron; 12-09-2009 at 08:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Trading in my P38 on Monday and pulling some bits off - hurry if you're interested!