Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

WARNING: DO NOT BUY PARTS FROM "AdrenalinPlease"

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 10:51 AM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Geo, thanks for your willingness and unbiased intervention.

Redbadge, I did not say you faked anything, I said it looks like you aren't really trying to turn the **** all the way. I never had any issue with it going on or coming off the truck. I literally took it off the truck before selling it, that wouldn't be possible if the pin did not retract all the way.

I am not absorbing the cost of shipping, I already did once. You got a great deal on the item and it worked when I sent it, it seems as though you are expecting it to work a certain way and it isn't doing that for you.

Old 08-28-2018, 11:42 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 224 Likes on 194 Posts

So here's the original For Sale ad. https://landroverforums.com/forum/pr...d-style-90814/
Looks like you listed for $150, someone PM'd you on it, then you changed the price to $300. Am I wrong?
Notice the part in your ad that says "works perfectly" ?
You may want to acquaint yourself with the definition of the word "perfect"
Definition of Perfect
1a : being entirely without fault or defect : flawless
  • a perfect diamond
What you sold is not perfect. Therefore your item was falsely advertised and was not sold in good faith. The buyer has a video comparing the one he bought from you to another, side by side. One works perfectly, the other does not. Guess which one is yours?
I think AdrenalinPlease needs to man up and eat the return shipping and the refund. It probably wouldn't have hurt to at least try to work with the buyer. Ask him to lube it, take a video trying to mount it to a truck, etc. You could also offer him a discount to try to disassemble it and get it working. You really handled the situation poorly from the get go.
If you had sold this on Ebay you would have already been forced to return it, so you may as well do it here.

The following 3 users liked this post by fishEH:
DavC (08-28-2018), OverRover (08-28-2018), redbadge (08-31-2018)
Old 08-29-2018, 09:18 AM
TReK
Received 652 Likes on 559 Posts

Old 08-29-2018, 01:24 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let's get the fact straight, I never said in my message "I didn't like it so I need to return it", at first I didn't realize this thing can't be installed on the truck at all. After my friend showed me his hitch then I realized it's just purely broken.

Please don't mention "it's a good deal" in every single sentence you write, it's a mutually agreed price, I didn't get it for free, for $300 I'm buying something advertised as "working perfectly" not something isn't in the right working order. in your logic a "good deal" works like a gamble and there's 50% change I get a broken part? The world doesn't work that way.

At this point, if you refuse to even spend $15 shipping to resolve the issue, I'm sure the forum members will have their judgment already.
I don't have enough time to waste on this $300 ****. you pay the return shipping if you can fix it and get it working in the "perfect condition" you described, I'll pay the shipping back to me, if you can't fix then you refund me, keep it and do whatever you want. Sounds fair?

Last edited by redbadge; 08-29-2018 at 01:27 PM.
Old 08-29-2018, 01:40 PM
Mudding
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

It is not working perfectly,. Even in your possession it did not work perfectly. You had to make an accommodation, that you were OK with, for it to work. Assuming that someone else will be or should be OK with same accommodations is just bad business.
These can be had from $200-300 all day in good working condition (no such thing as a perfect USED product). If there was a need to diagnose a malfunctioning one (which this one is), the price drops 50-75%. I cannot believe, after admitting you have to hold the green lever back, you still want to argue what "perfect" is. Yes I do think you need an English lesson.

I mean I got a bum knee, but can still walk. Does that mean I function perfectly... no. But with accommodations I can walk.

I hate sellers like this. You sold a bad part, and want to argue the semantics of caveat emptor. While readily admitting it was not functioning normally, but in "perfect" condition.
Anytime anyone uses the work immaculate, perfect, and any other words of absolute when describing a used product. Immediate red flag.
You're the kind of guy that wants to sell his 99' Tercel as perfect in every way, but needs 4 tire, an engine, brakes, and has 300K miles. Then when someone actually does buy it, and gets a little pissed about the misrepresentation you want to argue it was "perfect" to me, and you should have done more research as it was sold "as is". GTFOH with that non-sense. YOU screwed up. Take the L, and refund the money. Your principals are severely warped if you think you are on the right end of this.

To the original poster, I know where you can get these for $250 shipped in the continental US. In good working condition.

Last edited by jaguardoc504; 08-29-2018 at 01:42 PM.
The following users liked this post:
redbadge (08-31-2018)
Old 08-29-2018, 07:20 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 224 Likes on 194 Posts

This is really disappointing to see from someone that's been around for 6 years. Money makes people act weird.
AdrenalinPlease the way you've conducted yourself here speaks volumes to who you are. Before this threadI had no idea who you were. Now I know exactly.

aI once bought some used HD rear axles from a person who is now very well known not only in the Rover community but also the 4wd community as a hole. I asked if they were in good condition and he said they were. Upon arrival I noticed the short side shaft splines had twist. After some dialogue he MANNED UP and refunded some of my money and I kept the axles. I went on to run those axles on locked 35's with no problem and he and I remain friends today.
Its unfortunate you handled yourself in the manner you did. Just one more person I won't be buying from.

The following 4 users liked this post by fishEH:
ArmyRover (08-29-2018), Joe! (09-05-2018), OverRover (08-29-2018), redbadge (08-31-2018)
Old 08-30-2018, 05:11 PM
Overlanding
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AdrenalinPlease
I am not spending anything on shipping in either direction. I will offer you 25% off the original selling price as a partial refund for resolution.

You don't know who I am, and if you think that this is a one sided story of poor victim buyer you are wrong.
That's what you're missing, its no longer about the money, $300? C'mon, what are we talking about here...it's not $3k.

I am willing to MAN UP and receive, clean, lubricate, do what I can for my man redbadge BUT, I am not spending a dime on shipping anything anywhere.
Like I said, I am willing to refund 25% of the original purchase price, considering all of this BS.
You've proven exactly who you are in these statements and by your actions.

redbadge (08-31-2018)
Old 08-30-2018, 05:18 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 228 Likes on 181 Posts
redbadge (08-31-2018)
Old 08-31-2018, 05:43 AM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

Originally Posted by Friday Night Disco
interesting post, it shows 2 different hitches. Suspicious

Old 08-31-2018, 07:21 AM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Deleted my responses, this is pointless.

People get scammed left and right and it gets no where near the attention, I sent a working product that magically stops working once arrived at destination and the world falls apart. Have a nice day all.

Quick Reply: WARNING: DO NOT BUY PARTS FROM "AdrenalinPlease"