Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

WARNING: DO NOT BUY PARTS FROM "AdrenalinPlease"

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 11:50 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default WARNING: DO NOT BUY PARTS FROM "AdrenalinPlease"

Forum, I recently purchased a used hitch receiver from "AdrenalinPlease" for $300, in his thread he clearly said the hitch is "Working Perfectly".

https://landroverforums.com/forum/pr...d-style-90814/

After receiving the hitch, the lock rod/pin doesn't go all the way back and doesn't lock in place. Tried to communicate with the seller with multiple emails and a video showing how it was broken. But he basically wouldn't take the return and suggested me to sell it to "someone else" for a profit.

At first, he admitted the rod/pin doesn't lock but with some workaround, it could work, but later when I asked for a return and refund, he insisted the hitch is working perfectly. Here's a quote from his email :"I sold you an as is item, for well below market value. You don't like it...sell it for a profit and buy one for double the money"

PLEASE FORUM, DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER.

Attached Thumbnails WARNING: DO NOT BUY PARTS FROM "AdrenalinPlease"-screen-shot-2018-08-24-9.44.15-am.png  
Old 08-24-2018, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,465 Likes on 1,196 Posts

If you paid with payPal file a dispute, and provide them with the supporting info.

Last edited by ArmyRover; 08-24-2018 at 12:18 PM.
Old 08-24-2018, 12:30 PM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

Are you sure it doesn’t work?

Ive sold them before and had people return them as not working.

The small rounded pin needs to be pushed in to release the larger pin to engage.

just a thought

Old 08-24-2018, 12:53 PM
Three Wheeling

Thanks guys for the suggestions.

Army Rover: He wanted me to pay through Venmo, so I need to work with my bank to dispute it, not a fun process.

abran: Yes I know how it works, I even borrowed my friends hitch to shoot a side-by-side comparison video. The small pin you mentioned doesn't move, maybe too rusty.

Old 08-24-2018, 01:01 PM
Three Wheeling

Yesterday saying "maybe it should work like the video" and today saying "it worked perfectly when I sent it to you"...

Attached Thumbnails WARNING: DO NOT BUY PARTS FROM "AdrenalinPlease"-1.jpeg   WARNING: DO NOT BUY PARTS FROM "AdrenalinPlease"-2.jpeg  
Old 08-24-2018, 02:30 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by AdrenalinPlease
Does it attach to the vehicle? Does it allow you to use a bike rack? Does it allow you to tow with your vehicle?

The answer to all of those questions is YES! What's your problem? You want a shiny new one that is perfect...? Buy a new one.

There was no misrepresentation on my part, it works.
It's funny that you answered your own questions with YES, but sorry my answer is NO, and you wouldn't believe it.

I'm buying a used one, not a broken one, that's not the same thing.

Here's the video I sent you, seems like you ignored it, Let's put it up here and let me know if you DO think i can put it on my truck,

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uo...8ssBpahMSuijt5

Old 08-25-2018, 10:43 AM
Geo
Rock Crawling
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

I realize you guys have a situation that needs resolved, but the solution is probably some penetrating oil around the little pin. I don’t think anyone is trying to scam anyone here. Shipping will be cost prohibitive. And let’s be honest, it does work, just not perfectly. It’s a used part. I imagine this all started when the price changed on this part. But, $300 shipped is a good deal.

When I bought mine used, I pulled it all apart to clean and replace the grease. I thought mine was broken, but I didn’t understand how to use it.

If you do decide to take it apart, use a marking pen to mark the **** locations. It’s easy to get it put back together wrong and it won’t turn the full cycle. Also, there’s a ball bearing on the side of the large pin. If it comes out a couple of millimeters, it will shoot across the garage. Take it apart in a plastic grocery bag! If you’re in LA, I’ll help you.

Life is too short to harbor any animosity.

Last edited by Geo; 08-25-2018 at 10:46 AM.
The following users liked this post:
redbadge (08-31-2018)
Old 08-25-2018, 02:16 PM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

Here here!

Old 08-27-2018, 12:42 PM
Three Wheeling

Hey Geo, if you saw my video, the locking pin doesn't go all the way back, so the hitch couldn't go into the slot on the truck, so I couldn't use the hitch. It is NOT working at all. I agree with you probably the seller didn't intend to scam anyone, but when the parts don't work as described, a seller should stand behind the parts and take the return or work out a solution.

And AdrenalinPlease, it's ridiculous to hear you think I faked my video? The locking pin didn't go all the way back in, then it DIDN'T go all the way back in. Period. I just can't believe even with a video, you still thought the hitch was working right.... No, I wouldn't pay both way shipping, if you wanna take it back fix it and send it to me, that's fine, but It's your responsibility to pay for the shipping.

Old 08-27-2018, 01:54 PM
Geo
Rock Crawling
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Watched the video.....I see what you're saying. I would not call that working! I can't imagine there's enough clearance for that to go into the slot as it is.
I've had the same problem when I reassembled mine incorrectly. The **** was in the wrong position when reassembled and it couldn't rotate enough. The chrome plate on the other side only allows about 45 degrees of rotation. I believe it could be reassembled properly by someone willing to put the time into it; won't be fixed by lubricant. Likely 15 minutes or so.
The offer stands if you are near me (Los Angeles), or you can call me and we can walk through it on the phone. PM me if you want. If you do take it apart, beware the detent ball bearing!

Now, I'll step out of the ring!

The following users liked this post:
redbadge (08-31-2018)

Quick Reply: WARNING: DO NOT BUY PARTS FROM "AdrenalinPlease"