General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 P38 Key/Remote/ One tough REMOTE

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 10:04 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2002 P38 Key/Remote/ One tough REMOTE

Accidently, I washed not dried the remote control for my Range Rover in my washing machine! I don't recommend it. I went outside to my RR and tested it out since I could not remove the back cover to dry it out. IT WORKED! I think many drivers refer to the key remote as a key fob. I think the cost would have been over $200 and then an additional fee to have it adjusted/calibrated/ to fit my RR. Close call.

Old 10-09-2010, 02:26 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't let it happen again... The key fobs are a huge PIA. Especially when you try to re sync a new one (the dealer has to do it, and for a nominal charge). If your immobilizer starts to notice your fob is out of sync it will start requiring you to enter your access code. Mine doesn't care because it doesn't have all that BS thank god! lol. If it does happen again, just remove the battery and pray. Often times it will be fine. I went swimming with my DD key fob and did not know it till the next day.... Still works though .

Old 10-09-2010, 07:39 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scott,
Since I was unsuccessful from opening the key fob to remove the battery I had a question. To open it its Counter clockwise right? It looks hermedically sealed. lol I know its water tight. You went swimming with yours! Now thats a test! Trust me I will not push my luck again and will be deligent about checking my pockets before throwing anything in the washing machine. I consider myself EXTREMELY lucky. Having the fob synchronized sounds like a pain in the neck. Who needs that aggravation. Thanks for you feedback Scott.