General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 range rover sport, is autobiography worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 10:23 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 range rover sport, is autobiography worth it?

Hi all,

I'm finally ready to jump back in the RR pond and I'm doing some pre purchase research. Currently looking at a '15 rrs, and I'm having a little trouble with the various options packages and determining if they are equipped on the target vehicle, Canadian load out.

Is simply looking for an autobiography edition my shortest path to making sure I get the options I'm trying to find? Is there anything that package is missing that you would consider must-haves? Or is the autobiography package a bunch of things you never use, and I'm better off looking for an example with upgraded audio and other individual packages?

Thanks all!

Old 10-17-2017, 12:16 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by bucktown7
Hi all,

I'm finally ready to jump back in the RR pond and I'm doing some pre purchase research. Currently looking at a '15 rrs, and I'm having a little trouble with the various options packages and determining if they are equipped on the target vehicle, Canadian load out.

Is simply looking for an autobiography edition my shortest path to making sure I get the options I'm trying to find? Is there anything that package is missing that you would consider must-haves? Or is the autobiography package a bunch of things you never use, and I'm better off looking for an example with upgraded audio and other individual packages?

Thanks all!
I think options are a personal choice. For me I wanted
the sills painted body color, the 22" rims that usually come on the autiobiography, adaptive cruise control, and the tan or red interior for under $70,000. That left me with only the Autobiography option.

What options are you looking for?

Old 10-18-2017, 11:13 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 129 Likes on 118 Posts

IMO no point in getting an Autobiography if it isn't the actual L405 Range Rover

22" wheels...

Old 10-18-2017, 12:59 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by sonyab523
I think options are a personal choice. For me I wanted
the sills painted body color, the 22" rims that usually come on the autiobiography, adaptive cruise control, and the tan or red interior for under $70,000. That left me with only the Autobiography option.

What options are you looking for?
I like the included body color options, the all around camera for wifey, the 3 zone climate, a heated steering wheel, heated rear seats, 19-speaker Meridian sound system is a big one for me. The visibility package I could do without, heated windshield isn't necessary and is probably an expensive replacement, l'm not picky about the wheels, and if I'm buying used I'm not going to be able to take advantage of the various interior finish options.

It's starting to look like finding an autobiography would be ideal but not necessary if I can find at least a sport with dynamic and a few more options. Although, if someone or the dealer were to add a few of the high dollar options at time of order, they may as well spring for the autobiography anyway. Maybe it won't be too difficult to find one priced reasonably.

Old 10-18-2017, 01:01 PM
3rd Gear

What's the verdict with the incontrol app? Usable and useful, or waste of time?

Old 10-20-2017, 12:42 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by bucktown7
I like the included body color options, the all around camera for wifey, the 3 zone climate, a heated steering wheel, heated rear seats, 19-speaker Meridian sound system is a big one for me. The visibility package I could do without, heated windshield isn't necessary and is probably an expensive replacement, l'm not picky about the wheels, and if I'm buying used I'm not going to be able to take advantage of the various interior finish options.

It's starting to look like finding an autobiography would be ideal but not necessary if I can find at least a sport with dynamic and a few more options. Although, if someone or the dealer were to add a few of the high dollar options at time of order, they may as well spring for the autobiography anyway. Maybe it won't be too difficult to find one priced reasonably.
You don't need the autobiography then. You can get all those options on the Supercharged Dynamic or HST. Or you can just go HSE and have the moldings painted to match the body color.