General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 RRC LWB - a few small (inconvenient) issues...

Old 11-29-2010, 12:47 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 95 RRC LWB - a few small (inconvenient) issues...

Hey guys - having a few strange, small issues with my 95 RRC LWB and would love some feedback.

1. Starting last week, when I start / drive the truck, the loud "beep" never goes off...you know, the annoying beep inside that comes on when you start the truck and is supposed to go off in a couple seconds. It never goes off. Hence, major headache 10 minutes later. Not sure if this is tied to it thinking a door is open, etc...but at that rate, the interior dome light does NOT stay on, so I don't think it's that.

2. Key FOB - I have the single button key fob, but it seems to short out the battery in a day or so. When I bought the truck it did not have a battery in the remote, but I went to the store and got one, put it in, and it works just fine. Woke up the next day, battery was pretty much dead. Sometimes I go to pick it up and the little red led is ON...but then you hit the button and it turns off, never to turn back on until it does it on it's own just laying there. That said, my question is, can I get another one used and have it programmed? I can't lock/unlock the truck with the key, so I'd really like to get a remote that works.

3. Exterior door handles...both on the driver's side need 4 or 5 pulls to get the door open. It doesn't matter how careful you are (or aren't) but they will not open without pulling 4 or 5 times.

Annoying stuff....thanks for your feedback.

Old 11-29-2010, 06:07 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't help you much with the number 2 issue. The loud beep could be a number of things. In regards to your interior lights, do they turn off immediately after you shut the door or a few minutes later. The lights are on a timer and will stay on for a few minutes and then turn off even if a door is open. So your rangie might actually think a door is open. Have you checked your dash to see if you can get the door open light to show up? Do you see a fasten seatbelt light at all? Those sort of particular things can pin-point the problem. Worse comes to worse you can always disconnect the buzzer

The exterior door handles have cables attached to them. Eventually they expand and the opening power is reduced. You will need to open the door panel and adjust/tighten the cables.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:44 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info on adjusting the door cables - will do that asap!

The lights shut off as soon as I shut the door, and there are no lights on the dash that indicate there is anything wrong there. Any clue where that buzzer is? - I'd love to disconnect that thing!!

On the key fob issue...anyone know if I can get another used one and reprogram it somehow? Thanks -