General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought a RRC and then drove it 1200 miles. (pics included)

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 01:28 PM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave03S
Thanks for the great travelogue! Hope to see you out in the Oregon back country sometime!!
Thanks! And yes maybe we'll cross trails some day! Any recommendations for groups/clubs up here I should check out?

Cheers!

Old 12-22-2017, 03:12 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

Very very well done. Love all the details. Rover **** indeed.

I wonder if I can ask you a favor? My wife and I have been to Portland and we absolutely loved it. We really felt home there. We only ate and drank and slept at small local places. It was one of the best trips we've ever taken. While leaving at the airport I bought an Oregon decal. At that time I had purchased a D1 that I later (regrettably) sold. The decal was on the window. Just the Oregon script in white w a tree in the middle. I wonder if in your travels if you happen to see one like it could you buy me a few? I'd pay you of course. I'd pay shipping obviously and also for your time spent. I tried looking online and have had zero luck. It would mean a lot to both my wife and I since we loved the trip so much. There is a pic below if you can make it out.

PS

Coincidentally the guy I sold this truck to also lives in Portland. He picked it up here in Vegas and drove it home. Also had zero issues.

Last edited by Shiftonthefly1; 12-22-2017 at 03:16 PM.
Old 12-23-2017, 02:27 PM
Drifting

I would be happy to grab a few if I see them. I will say, that's an Oregon sticker I haven't seen before. how but I am at the airport and all over Oregon quite a bit so I'll keep my eyes peeled for you. Glad to hear you loved it up here, it's a pretty incredible place to call home.

Cheers,

Brock-

Originally Posted by Shiftonthefly1

I wonder if I can ask you a favor? My wife and I have been to Portland and we absolutely loved it. We really felt home there. We only ate and drank and slept at small local places. It was one of the best trips we've ever taken. While leaving at the airport I bought an Oregon decal. At that time I had purchased a D1 that I later (regrettably) sold. The decal was on the window. Just the Oregon script in white w a tree in the middle. I wonder if in your travels if you happen to see one like it could you buy me a few? I'd pay you of course. I'd pay shipping obviously and also for your time spent. I tried looking online and have had zero luck. It would mean a lot to both my wife and I since we loved the trip so much. There is a pic below if you can make it out.

PS

Coincidentally the guy I sold this truck to also lives in Portland. He picked it up here in Vegas and drove it home. Also had zero issues.

Old 12-26-2017, 10:15 AM
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey cousin! My '91.

Old 12-29-2017, 01:04 PM
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is an awesome story - thanks so much for sharing. I have an identical twin to your RRC, but the mods wouldn't accept my pic post for some reason.
Good luck!

The following users liked this post:
AtlasK (12-29-2017)
Old 12-29-2017, 01:44 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by TROCADERO
This is an awesome story - thanks so much for sharing. I have an identical twin to your RRC, but the mods wouldn't accept my pic post for some reason.
Good luck!
Glad you enjoyed it. As I’ve probably already said it was an awesome first adventure. Would definitely love to see yours. I haven’t seen too many Trocadero RRCs. How long have you had it?

Old 12-29-2017, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,465 Likes on 1,196 Posts

Approved your picture just let one of the MODs know if you post doesn't show up

The following users liked this post:
AtlasK (12-29-2017)
Old 12-29-2017, 05:23 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by TROCADERO
Hey cousin! My '91.

Wow you weren't kidding about having a twin! Looks good! I've been debating putting back the black trim on mine...

Old 12-29-2017, 06:07 PM
TReK
Received 652 Likes on 559 Posts

Originally Posted by Shiftonthefly1

PS

I think you're looking for this decal > https://stickersnorthwest.com/products/oregon-tree-diecut-sticker

Last edited by OverRover; 12-30-2017 at 11:36 AM.
Old 12-30-2017, 10:18 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by OverRover

OMG thanks man!!!! I have no idea how you found that. I'll buy you a round next time you're in Vegas. Thanks a lot. Seriously. I'm gonna order a handful right now.