General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Vacuum hose (inlet man.) question

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 07:02 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Vacuum hose (inlet man.) question

Hey folks. First post. I picked up a cheap 00 p38 and I'm in the process of getting it sorted (new head gaskets, chain, oil pump, etc). I've got most things back together on top (heads, lower and upper inlet mani). I've been trying to figure out what I did with brake booster vacuum hose. The one that connects to the passenger (US) side inlet, the one with the red quick disconnect fitting in the mani.
I've been working on the car for the past month off and on. Remembered most everything except this hose it seems. I'm not sure if I removed it completely or its sitting back behind the inlet manifold somewhere. All the pics I've seen online and that I took all just show the line running back by the rocket cover and then it disappears. I've looked through RAVE for a vacuum diagram and searched the web a good bit. I can't seem to find where this plugs into on the other end.
I know with my subaru it goes from the inlet to the brake servo (?), the cylinder mounted to the drivers side firewall. It is connected with a push in 90 elbow. I'm not seeing this same black cylinder on the firewall. Maybe I'm missing it?
I have seen the pipe for a discovery. It has the 90 elbow connector on one end. However I can't seem to find a part no or picture for the p38 version.
Any help would be appreciated. It is probably just something simple I'm missing. At least I hope so. Other option is I threw it away thinking it was the old coolant expansion line.

Old 08-26-2017, 08:02 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I guess it was something simple. There is no line connected there on the p38. The one AB video I was looking at was for a Discovery, which has a line there. Same with the pictures I saw online I guess.
Seems like it should be capped off at least? I can handle that.