General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broken Bluetooth in Range Rover 2005

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 02:21 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken Bluetooth in Range Rover 2005

Hello,
I would like to bring the general defect in all Range Rovers built around 2005. All Range Rovers have defective Bluetooth, which does not work with IPhone (all versions: 1G-4G). LandRover website claims that bluetooth is working in all Range Rovers made and sold around 2005. When I first went down to the dealer in 2005 they said that it was the IPhone that has a problem or is not compatible with Range Rover. When I approached the local dealer, they said that I need to pay $700 to get an update to make it working. I did not want to pay for something for which I had already paid. I approached the LandRover Corporation and expressed my concerns, they asked me to go to their website and check if my particular vehicle is compatible with Bluetooth by entering my VIN#. This web site showed that my phone is fully compatible and should work. When I approached the corp again with my findings/results from website they started giving me run around and finally came with an excuse that my warranty has already expired or I need to come up with a receipt or some paper work showing that I took it to the dealer, which of course I don;t have since local dealer refused to look at the issue out right.
Now, why i didn't bother to to get this problem fixed earlier, because of three reasons:
1) I had another vehicle that was working fine with my Iphone
2) I approached the local dealer and they told me that my vehicle was not compatible with IPhone and believed them.
3) New laws that require hands-free cell phone driving

I'm trying to settle it with the Corp in a civilized manner, however, if forced I will be filing a law suit. If you have similar issues with your Land Rover, please come forward and contact me. It's not an issue of money but principles. There is no reason why LandRover should continuously misguide customers especially after spending so much $$ in acquiring the vehicle and than servicing it. My email is jose4medrano@yahoo.com and I look forward to your communication for the sake of truth and right.