General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buick Rescue

Old 11-28-2010, 03:03 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Buick Rescue

Its been a month or so since I've driven the range. I have this cursed jaguar that I've had for too long now. I intended to "flip" it, but that ended up backfiring, literally. I've been so pre-occupied with the jag, work, college, etc. That I haven't had a chance to go get a battery for the rangie and re-do it's positive and negative grounds. In short, I was suffering from withdrawals and needed a reason to drive it lol.

My Hyundai decided it didn't want to start easily one morning. Turned out there was just some water in the fuel lines (seafoam took care of it). Since my brother has the same car I decided I should drive it, as it has sat for the past couple months in the cold and probably needed a good drive. I putted around the neighborhood and came across a kid who had gone off the road and got stuck. I would like to know how he got out of control on a straight stretch of wide road, but who am I to judge....

We tried pushing it, rocking it, etc. to no avail. It was stuck in there pretty deep. I told him I'd be back with some extra gear as I only lived a block away. I went in the garage and couldn't find any rope or chain, which was odd. I swear I have some somewhere. I ended up grabbing a thick extension cord! LOL Then I looked over and saw it. As if it were a dog whining at me. I rolled my eyes and stole the battery from the Jag and put it in the rover. Fired right up and I attached the bigga$$ Buick to the rover with the extension cord (tripled up on it). Thinking this might take awhile I put it in lo range and gave it a little gas looked behind me and didn't even noticed the rover pulled the car completely out. Kept going and then looked and saw the kid had his brakes on and the rover was pulling it around like a toy! In short, I needed that badly.... It's amazing how much I missed driving it. And its amazing how useful they can be when you least expect it. Any who, thought it was worth sharing. Hope you all had a great thanksgiving!

Old 11-28-2010, 09:23 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice

Old 11-29-2010, 11:12 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bleh! Don't spent your time on the Jag... The Range Rover is the hurt pigeon! You should flip it so that some one can enjoy it!

Old 11-29-2010, 12:22 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been pre-occupied with the jag so I can fix it and sell it. We have an 05 XJR and love the thing, but the 95 that I purchased really is a piece of junk... Compared to the RR, the quality just isn't there like it is on the rover.