General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a/c question

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a/c question

would a bad blend door motor i think thats what its called? cause my a/c compressor clutch not to kick in i can jump it but it wont work from the switch and also when i use my heat only heat comes out of passanger side vents during the summer i posted about my a/c clutch not engaging and never figured out why.... test book icon is still on display and so forth.. well yesterday it was chillie and i cut the heat on and i was only getting cold air out of the vents then i thought whaaat...
then i opened the passanger side and boom heat...yesss i think then the thought came to me was this why my a/c clutch was not working? heeelp

Old 10-06-2010, 12:02 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The blend motors will not cause the a/c clutch not to engage. Usually a bad compressor clutch, bad HVAC ECU, or a bad pressure switch will keep it from starting. There is a specific fuse you might want to check. It is in the engine compartment and is not labeled. I removed it to help diagnosing an unrelated issue and found the hvac system to behave erratically. All other systems were fine. I don't remember the fuse number, but it is one of the "unlabeled" ones.