General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

double dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 03:12 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default double dilemma

i have just acquired (2) range rover 2003's. One came without the central console module ( head unit) and got replaced with a Soundstream DVD module - which caused the front passenger vents to fail, albeit the rear vents work. Do you think a replacement head unit will solve most of the issues ?

The other however, came all intact but has problems with (i think ) the tranny. When running, a jerk occurs - feels much more like a hesitations and then switches to neutral, then engages again, vice versa.

I very well know that RRovers are like women - premadonnas ! I need the help though !

steadyeddy

Old 01-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: double dilemma

I am familiar with the transmission problems. I had the same issues on my 05 HSE. It was still under warranty...I took it to the dealer. They told me they had to do some adjustments to the transmission, but I checked the ECU and they had reset it.

In other words, you may just need to reset the computer, a dealer or competent Land Rover mechanic should be able to do this for you.

The head units are not terribly expensive---that is, to my knowledge. After you get the transmission fixed, ask the dealer to test fit an existing head unit in your vehicle. You will at least know if that fixes the problem before you are a K into a head unit that may not be the fix.

[sm=alcoholic.gif]