General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended Warranty?

Old 04-07-2018, 04:13 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Extended Warranty?

Hi All,

New to this forum...I just purchased my dream car on Thursday...a 2016 RRS Supercharged Dynamic with about 28k miles on it. Maintenance records show it's been well cared for, and the CARFAX report showed no major issues (or even minor ones). If it was a lemon, it would have been apparent by now. But, because someone (cough*moron*cough) traded the car in on a Mercedes and a Mercedes dealership worked on it, it does not qualify as a certified pre-owned LR. I have another 17 months on the factory warranty. Should I consider the extended warranty? The dealer has quoted me $4k for 5 years/75000 miles. I'm sure I can haggle and get them to come down some, although not likely down to what I would like. I drive about 3k per year and expect to keep this car for about 5 years (unless I win the lottery first, in which case I'll be ordering a brand new RRS SVR). I had a 2011 RRS (that car was a beast), purchased the extended warranty, and never used it. Can I get a solid extended warranty elsewhere? Is it even worth it for how little I drive? Any thoughts, advice, or first hand experience with non-LR factory warranties would be appreciated!

Old 04-08-2018, 11:47 AM
TReK
Received 503 Likes on 418 Posts

Consider that one trip to the dealer could cost you $4000... You never really know but there is something to be said for the peace of mind. I got the extended when I bought my D2 with 38k on it, out to 85k miles. Paid for itself 3 or 4 times over.

Old 04-02-2020, 09:50 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you find a good company, they are worth it. Especially on a luxury vehicle like a RR and LR.I am a broker and an agency owner in the F&I industry and have access to various outlets. If you are looking for a warranty or VSC, email me your VIN, odometer and the most recent bill of sale date on your vehicle. I will get back to you with some quotes. All kinds of programs are available, from powertrain and comprehensive coverage, all the way up to manufacturer-like warranties and VSC's. Any vehicle qualifies - Doesn't matter if it's a Ford, a Chevy, a Mercedes AMG, a Mini Cooper, a Maserati, a classic Corvette, a Pontiac GTO and beyond, there are programs and plans for everybody. The vehicle does not have to be under any kind of coverage right now, I just ask that the vehicle has been taken care of.

Thanks - Greg at iwamservices@gmail.com