General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am lost, 01 Cruise

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 10:23 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I am lost, 01 Cruise

I got the books and all but this Cruise Control has got me scratching my head.
I replaced the bad vac hose that attaches to the back of the actuator but not work.
Get the electrical light on the dash at the switch but NO indicator on the dash.
Any idea where to look next or is this a dealer fix?
Thank you

Old 10-08-2010, 06:35 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been through the troubleshooting guide in the Rave manual with mine. I also get the light on the button, but that is it. Did you go through the troubleshooting in the manual? It is step by step and easy to follow. Only problem that I had was after completing it, I still can't get the cruise to work. According to the troubleshooting guide, there is something wrong with my BECM, so, I just gave up. Hope you have better luck.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:34 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by wilson96rr
I have been through the troubleshooting guide in the Rave manual with mine. I also get the light on the button, but that is it. Did you go through the troubleshooting in the manual? It is step by step and easy to follow. Only problem that I had was after completing it, I still can't get the cruise to work. According to the troubleshooting guide, there is something wrong with my BECM, so, I just gave up. Hope you have better luck.
Well I will do it again. I bought an Auto Xray OBDII system so just need to learn how to use it. That MIGHT help, came in this morning.

Old 10-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Rock Crawling

Do you hear a click under the dash when you push the button.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:18 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by krazzz
Do you hear a click under the dash when you push the button.
NO CLICK CLICK. Relay?

Old 10-08-2010, 09:26 PM
Rock Crawling

I don't get a click either. I do know that the OBD scanner is not needed to troubleshoot the cruise.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:28 PM
Rock Crawling

There is a control module and power inverter under the dash. If it doesn't make the click it is probably one of those two. I had the same problem. I was able to get both of them on ebay for pretty cheap so I just replaced both. I do have occasional problems with it kicking off but it doesn't happen very often and it works again if I turn it off and on again so I don't worry about it.

Old 10-12-2010, 07:38 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by wilson96rr
I'm in the same boat, I did the troublshooting manual in RAVE. Fairly straightforward although the wheel speed sensor check was a bit of a PITA. My inverter and cruise ECU tested out fine per the RAVE procedure (even though they do not "click"), so looks like BECM is my issue as well. I'm going to have the dealer take a look when it goes in for inspection next month, I'll post up if they find anything that is fixable.

Old 10-21-2010, 03:06 PM
Rock Crawling

Well so far NO GOOD, tested, prodded, smacked it a couple of times and nothing.
Local shop says to look at the stop light switch which controls the cruise and is an NO switch that fails in the NO position, makes sense. Thta is my next crawl around to look at.
Back working on my Porsche to get the A/C and Stereo working, electrical gremlin.