General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for help with parts and aux lamps

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 10:54 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for help with parts and aux lamps

Hello all!

First time posting here! I'm looking for help with a few small items on my 2008 Range Rover. Specifically, replacing a few interior trim pieces and installing some auxiliary lamps.

First, regarding the lamps. I've (well, a mechanic to be exact) installed some LED lamps on my G500's brush guard. I'd like to do the same with my Range Rover, but I have two issues; where to mount them and how to activate them.
~I don't have a brush guard so I don't have a ready way to mount them. Any idea where I can and how I can? Will I need to drill into the bumper or get a brush guard?
~I'd like to do a relatively clean installation for the switch that controls them. This means either a switch mounted under the steering column or a custom switch in on the blank space above the fog light controls. Are there OEM-looking options available, or am I better off hiding some rocker switch out of sight?

Second, on the interior. The interior has held up very well over the years, but there are two spots that need care, the padded drivers side door armrest and the front glove box cover. I've looked extensively for these parts and cannot seem to find them. Might any of you know where to get them?

P.S. one more thing; I'd like to add some footwell lighting. I figure there are two options for this; either set the interior lights to a continuous, dim setting, or buy an aftermarket kit. Most aftermarket kits are rather cheap looking - I'm looking to emulate the pale blue light that comes stock. Any suggestions for this?

Thank you in advance!

~J