General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lost cd, radio, gps screen, voice control etc

Old 09-16-2012, 01:58 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lost cd, radio, gps screen, voice control etc

hi there

i have not used my car for three week and went to drive it yesterday but battery was flat? after i jumped it, i now have lost the computer screen? the cd, radio, gps and all the other normal information that can be selected on the screen is not working, also the controls on the steering wheel inc the voice recongnition has also stopped working. the screen on/off button to the left of the screen constantly is flashing but nothing happens when i press it.

is this a battery situation? ie can this be caused by a poor battery? i only usually use the car once or twice a fortnight but it normally starts perfect, first turn of the key?

any help will be great

bob

Old 09-16-2012, 09:56 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

check fuses you might have blown something. Or you might have a bad alternator causing the battery to not charge and nothing to work.

Old 09-17-2012, 12:33 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi and thanks for the reply. i have checked the fuses for the cd, gps, radio, etc etc and they all seem ok. the screen does actually come on but just displays the land rover logo so there is power to the screen.

it must be something to do with the command side? i would have thought as i have also lost the voice control on the steering wheel to enable me to talk to the computer?? is there a seperate fuse for this system?

i have looked at the battery condition indicator and it is showing clear. ( assuming it is working ), the handbook suggests that if clear it requires replacement ) ?, i find this strange as normally, the car starts perfectly with plenty of power in the battery, even if i dont use it for 2 weeks???

you suggest i might have a faulty alternator which is not actually charging the battery?, but if this is the case, surely it would show on the dash tha the battery was not charging???

please correct me if i am wrong in anyway.

bob

Old 09-17-2012, 02:38 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

needs a reprogram of audio and nav modules.