General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

online rr repair manual

Old 11-23-2010, 08:49 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default online rr repair manual

I just traded my '02 Disco for an '00 Range Rover 4.6 (couldn't afford both and like the looks of the RR better. Anyways, it has 130,000 miles on it and I plan to eventually do all of the items on DiscoMikes Major Service list, should take some time as the whole process will have a steep learning curve for me I'm sure. Is there a manual I can download for free like the Rave manual for the Disco? I did download the manual that is titled V8 overhaul for my engine but it does not help with fluid changes. Is there a manual or even a book that might be helpful or should I just take one task at a time and seek all the help I might need here on the forum? Just as an example the process of flushing the transmission fluid and then refilling when there is no dipstick to check afterwards seems scary. Having second thoughts about trading in the Disco but too late now. Any help is appreciated.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:34 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

rave also has one for RR. You can get it at greenoval.com There are many similarities between discos and rovers so the learning curve shouldn't be that steep . I thought the disco II didn't have a dipstick for the transmission either (The GEMS Discos and Rangies have dipsticks, BOSCH doesn't). Basically, you drain it through the drain plug and then fill it through the fill plug. Once its overflowing, its full. Sort of like changing the fluid on your differential.

Last edited by LRScott; 11-24-2010 at 12:36 AM.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:07 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Download the Rave_02 iso from greenoval.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:37 AM
4wd Low

My RR does have a Bosch.
Thanks for the feedback on the transmission, I also saw that you fill till it starts coming back out. If I were interested in flushing the system does some of the atf leave the transmission for a cooling process and if I simply drain and refill won't I be leaving some old to blend with the new? Does gravity bring all of the old out and if that is the case then would I fill, run it for a bit and then top off again?
As for the manual, again much thanks but I can't seem to figure out the greenoval site, could someone attach a link here please if it's not too difficult?

Old 11-24-2010, 01:58 PM
Baja

google "green oval + rave"

Old 12-03-2010, 10:46 AM
5th Gear

I can't seem to find the green oval site either, non of the links I have found on forums work??

Old 12-03-2010, 08:36 PM
4wd Low

I searched and searched for the Range Rover rave manual and tried everything until I was finally able to download it on my computer but have to use free software called Daemon Tools Lite to open it, the software works by making your computer think its a disc in the DVD drive. A while back when I got the manual for the Disco it was so easy. Respond if you need further help and I will try and figure out what I did and try to provide the steps.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:23 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by roversprings
My RR does have a Bosch.
Thanks for the feedback on the transmission, I also saw that you fill till it starts coming back out. If I were interested in flushing the system does some of the atf leave the transmission for a cooling process and if I simply drain and refill won't I be leaving some old to blend with the new? Does gravity bring all of the old out and if that is the case then would I fill, run it for a bit and then top off again?
As for the manual, again much thanks but I can't seem to figure out the greenoval site, could someone attach a link here please if it's not too difficult?
You'll have a little fluid left in the cooler that doesn't flow down. There will be some old fluid in some other nooks and crannies including the torque converter.

You could drain the fluid via the drain, then top it back off, disconnect the fluid return line from the cooler, start it up and apply the e-brake and cycle through the gears and leave it in Drive. Have a suitable capture pan ready and watch the coolant come out of the line, when the color of the fluid indicates the new stuff, then you got most of it out. Obviously connecting some additional tubing to the return line would be beneficial so you can watch it at a safe location, not under the vehicle. Another person sitting at the wheel would be a good idea too.

I'm not 100% sure you need to be in Drive to do it with the Rangie, but that's how it works on my Jeep.

Or just figure that 3/4 of the fluid being new is good enough if the old stuff isn't all burned up.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Baja

Originally Posted by luvmyrover1074
I can't seem to find the green oval site either, non of the links I have found on forums work??
Here you go:
http://www.lrrforums.com/showthread....890#post164890

Old 12-08-2010, 09:53 AM
5th Gear

Thanks a bunch I really appreciate it!!