General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P38 down at the rear

Old 09-26-2010, 05:52 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question P38 down at the rear

Hi all,

Got a strange one here... I went to a funeral the other day and the car was working fine. However, when I dropped one of the guests at her house, I lowered the air suspension (she is 80 years old) and, from that point on, the rear end refuses to re-inflate.

I have no faults showing on the dash but the 'access' light is on and the 'normal' light is flashing as though it is pumping up. The pump runs and cuts out (possible overheat) but the car stays with the back end on the bump-stops.

I've got her home now using the recovery guys and I'm having to use the wife's car until I get this fixed.

With no fault showing and no obvious leaks, any ideas where to start the elimination process would be very welcome.

Cheers,

CJ...

Old 09-26-2010, 07:43 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Go on-line to RSWsoultions.com and read up on the device Storey has build to detect/correct air suspension issues.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:55 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well if the pump is running and not airing up the rear then there should be a leak. Usually the you will get a fault but I guess it is not always definate, just more often than not. I would maybe take a 2 ton floor jack and jack up the back, this way if there is a leak in a rear bag then it may move the air bag into a position where it will not leak and then allow you to pump up the rear. I had to do this a couple of times with mine while I was waiting for my new bags. I would use soapy water to find the leak and then go from there, try not to burn up the pump since they are not cheap.

The only other thing I can think of is a stuck vavle but I would check the bags first. Let us know what you come up with.