General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rattling

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 11:20 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattling

Okay, forgive me if this is a stupid question. I've played with an old van back in the day, but all in all, I've never been super amazing at fixing vehicles. Nevertheless, I'm a quick learner when I apply myself to just about anything. I recently purchased a 1990 Range Rover County, with the intention of fixing it up, dealing with/resolving issues and so on.

Most of what has been necessary has been cosmetic so far. The vehicle has had a lot replaced over the years, but it seems to run very nicely, all things considered. The one major nagging concern so far, however, is a rattling that occurs when I go over bumps. It is particularly noticeable at low speeds. At higher speeds, the engine itself must apparantly drown out the sound.

All in all it's not that big of a deal, but I'm not into leaving things unresolved. I've googled the issue and it appears that there something similar reported with Catalytic Converter issues. Nevertheless, I've found some other reports of rattling that seem unrelated.

Has anyone here had a similar problem and if so, what resolved it? Where did you obtain the replacement part?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

- Micah

Old 04-23-2007, 04:10 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Rattling

I have a 1991 Range Rover Classic that was "loose" in its handling, andrattled over rough roads --- when I bought it with 130K miles. I replaced all the suspension bushings with blue Poly ones, front shocks w/Bilsteins,all four coil springs, and fitted a set of Firestoneinflatable bladders inside the rear coil springs to allow balancing the rake of the vehicle when I had it more heavily loaded. It now rides great!

I operate a on-line business for the "do-it-yourself" Land Rover enthusiasts called eurotek apg.

Youcan read up on common problem areas on these vehicles by clicking on the link below, and going to the tech info pages. I have all the parts available to help you. Just let me know where you want to get started.

regards,

Mike M.
www.eurotekapg.com