General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RR: Reliable?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 01:15 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RR: Reliable?

im looking to buy an 07 or 08 LR3 or RR sport but since ive never owned a LR before im a bit nervous. how reliable are they after about 60k miles and is it a good daily driver?

Old 02-21-2011, 10:43 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not and have not owned either of those models. What I can tell you though is that a Land Rover is a love/hate relationship sometimes. There is so much technology in them they can get a little quirky now and then. Since they do cost a lot of money to buy they tend to be taken to the dealership for service, now that service is not cheap so they tend to get a bad rap. Not every little light needs a trip to the dealer but that is why people hate them, they think they are always in the shop.

As far as a daily driver, I love them. Do not expect to get great gas mileage though, they do not drive like a Honda and so you do not pay for gas like one either. Good Luck.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:51 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maxim,
I suggest you search topics on this forum to get the best answers to your questions on Land Rovers. It seems that the questions on which model to get and how reliable are they are the most asked questions on this forum. In my honest opinion, if you are "a bit nervous" about jumping into the Land Rover scene, then follow your instincts and find another brand. But if you are willing to deal with the issues you will encounter with any model Land Rover and you desire to become a Land Rover enthusiast, then a Land Rover will probably be the most enjoyable vehicle you're ever owned. If you ask me, anyone wanting to own a Land Rover should be a Rover enthusiast ...everyone else just gets pissed off when their truck leaves them stranded or they get pennies on the dollar when they go to sell it and there are far better options out there for Rover non-enthusiasts. Enthusiasts already plan for the headaches and know what they're getting into, and they still love their Rovers more than ever. I, too, was a bit nervouse when buying my first Rover P38 but did anyway and got slapped around with repairs left and right, sinking thousands into it in just a few years. But you know, that truck was my most favorite vehicle I've ever owned ....not sure why but it was. I'm now wanting to get back into a newer model Rover with lower miles and I would love to own an older Range Rover to take off-road. So it might be worth it to dive into a Rover but you will need to make that decision based on feedback, your own research, and your instincts.