General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about buying a 2006-2007 Range Rover Sport

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 10:22 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about buying a 2006-2007 Range Rover Sport

I'll be graduating college in the next month and I already have a decent job lined up so I am looking forward to a car that will remind me everyday that my hard work is paying off. I am looking at a few other 4x4 vehicles (it snows quite a bit in the winter where I am moving) for around the same price (33-35k) but I have seen some 2006 RRsports for as low as 27-28k. I feel like those might have known problems so the 30k is my bench mark and newer vehicles would be ~35k. I feel like the difference in price would make up for warranty. Now to the meat of my question; while I am looking at the Sports, is there something I should always check?
Is there common problems with them?
Are there specific questions I should ask the dealer?
As buying from a non-LR dealership a risk?
Should I take advantage of lower labor prices of an independent mechanic like a specialty import mechanic?
You general stuff. Also if there is something you wish you would have known when purchasing yours that you didn't know then, what advice would you have?

Thanks guys, this is a great forum.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:52 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if your in the market pay attention to the prices out in Los Angeles, the least expensive trucks are for sale take your time and dont be afraid to offer lees than asking price you might just get a great deal on 07 supercharged sport for 30K and 45K miles.
I used craigspal and cars.com and auto trader and Ebay to get better ideas on pricing,
if you watch the prices will drop every so often sometimes by thousands of dollars just to move the vehicles.
Make sure your preapproved for your loan, so you can buy when you want

Last edited by Mrmerlin; 04-23-2011 at 10:55 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:19 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome, thank you. My most likely time to buy will be towards the end of the year so I figure I will see the '07s drop to the '06 prices around then. I am really trying to stay away from the supercharged RRsports. I know this may sound mundane, but I am trying to save "some" gas mileage. I know it may only be a few buck per mile but honestly I don't have any reason for a supercharger. One thing that is a big positive for me as far as buying a new vehicle is forums like this one. I figure if people make forums about it then for the most part people are extremely happy with their vehicles. Just something else for me to think about. A little sacrifice can still make a lot of happiness.